Draco Malfoy

- CHAPTER 1 - PART 1 -

The Boy Who Lived

Mr and Mrs Malfoy, of Malfoy Manor, Wiltshire, were proud to say that they were a Pure-Blooded wizarding family, thankyou very much. They were the last people you’d expect to be fraternizing with any Mud-Blood or Muggle, because they just didn’t hold with such nonsense.

            Mr Malfoy owned a business called Malfoy Apothecary, which made and sold Wine. He was a tall, sly man, with cold grey eyes, and pale white skin. Mrs Malfoy’s appearance seemed to match her husband’s perfectly except for her eyes, which were a dark blue. The Malfoys had a small son called Draco and in Mrs Malfoy opinion there was no finer boy anywhere.

            The Malfoys had everything they wanted, but they also had a very dark secret, and their greatest fear was that somebody would discover it. They didn’t think that they would live if someone found out about their loyalty to Lord Voldemort. Lord Voldemort was the most evil, dark, wizard of all time, he planned to rule the world, and rid it of all Muggles, Mud-Bloods, and Muggle borns. Mr and Mrs Malfoy pretended they were not faithful to the Dark Lord; but oh, how they were. The Malfoys shuddered to think of the awful things that would happen to them if the wizarding Aurors found out about their allegiance towards him. The Malfoys knew that if they were caught they would be killed. But like the Dark Lord, the Malfoys wanted all non-pure-bloods dead, and they also didn’t want their Draco mixing with that status of blood.

            When Mr and Mrs Malfoy woke up on the dull, grey Tuesday our story starts, there was nothing about the cloudy sky outside to suggest that strange and mysterious things would soon be happening, but somehow, Mr Malfoy knew something had changed. Mr Malfoy watched as Mrs Malfoy stammered out the news. The Dark Lord had fallen. Mr Malfoy didn’t know what to think.

            “What should we do Lucius?” Mrs Malfoy asked, while tending to Draco.

            “The only thing we can do, Narcissa, pretend to celebrate, we don’t want to give the Aurors any more evidence that we served the Dark Lord. They are already on our trail.”

Draco rolled around on the floor playfully, and Mrs Malfoy looked sadly towards her 2 year old son.

“Whatever you do, don’t let us be found. Draco needs a father.”

Lucius looked down at Draco with a hint of disgust, what a shameful excuse for a son I have he thought. Mr Malfoy looked out of the window of his dark manor and spotted an owl in the distance.

“I must to go my dear, please stay safe.” And with one last look at his wife and son, he Disapparated.