Swore You'd Never Tell. (finished verison)

I screamed and sat up. Ever since the accident I have been having the same nightmare every night. In the dream, I was running through deep in the woods. Behind me I could hear my sister sinister laugh. Over and over again. And every time I would trip over a root or rock and she'd appear in front of me. Whispering, "You swore you'd never tell." Then she'd be standing over me with a gun, pointing it at my chest, and then... nothing. I'd wake up screaming. Mother doesn't even notice anymore. When the dreams started at first she'd run into my room, only to see me breathing heavily and crying. She used to tell me, "Oh hun, it's going to be okay. The dreams will go away, I promise." Well apparently she was wrong on both accounts. The dreams haven't gone away and everything isn't okay. I don't feel safe anymore in my own house. Everywhere I walk I feel like I'm being watched. I rolled over and looked at my clock, it was 3 in the morning. Groaning, I got up and walked to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I screamed at what I saw.

Well actually, I saw two things.

When I first looked in the mirror I saw my sisters face and not my own. I always looked just like her. Except I had brown eyes and short dark hair. But in the mirror I saw the same girl my sister used to be. Long Brown hair, Bright blue eyes, thick eye lashes, freckles... everything. I was too busy looking at the person staring back at me that I didn't see the note tucked in the mirror corner. Before I opened the note, I looked at the mirror again. I saw myself again, I sighed in relief. My old self was looking back at me. Opening up the note, my stomach started to turn in nauseating circles. It was my sisters writing... it read:

Well looks like my little Jenna is growing up to look just like me... hmm wonder if she acts like me too...- Kaeli.

The note slipped from my hands and fluttered to the floor. I couldn't breathe... Kaeli was in the house somewhere. Or at least she was. She could of hurt me, or mom. Oh shit, mom! I swung the bathroom door open and sprinted to my mom's room. The door was locked. Oh god... you've got to be kidding me! Now what do I do? I can't bust the door down, not strong enough. Can't really call the police. Maybe I'm just over-reacting. Maybe she's fine. I stepped closer to the door and knocked. No answer. I knocked louder. No answer. Panic invaded my body. I slammed my fists into the door. Still nothing. Great! Now what!? My legs started to wobble and I started to lose balance.

'Okay Jenna. Get a grip. Find a phone. Focus,' I told myself as I willed my legs to move closer to my room to get my cell phone. I needed to call someone, anyone that could help me. I opened my door and a cold gust of wind hit me. Papers, books, clothes, and pretty much everything were scattered all over the floor. A mirror sat right in front of the door on the other side of the room. I looked into the mirror and let out a blood curdling scream. Looking in the mirror I was accompanied by my sister. She was standing behind me. I watched her lean closer to my ear and I heard her whisper.

"Miss me?" as she snickered.

I quickly turned around, and she was gone. I started walking back down the hall as I got closer to my mom's room I noticed her door was open. I slid my back up against the wall and crept closer. My fingers curled around the door frame. My heart was threatening to beat out of my chest. 'Just do it.' The little voice in my head commanded. 'You're almost there.' I released my grip on the door frame, took a deep breath and stepped in front of the door. Peering in I saw my mom sleeping peacefully on her bed. Why couldn't she hear me... Why didn't she wake up. I took a step inside of her large room. Her large bay window was open wide, letting the cold autumn air inside, making a loud whooshing sound. I walked over and was about to shut it when I noticed something outside.

Underneath the window was a broken picture frame. The picture was of my sister and me. It was a picture taken the year Kaeli killed James. Actually, a mere week before that night. I sighed. She was obviously here. I couldn't bear to tell my mother. She surely wouldn't be happy. Maybe I could tell HIM... No. I couldn't. He didn't like talking about the accident. It stunned HIM as much as it did for me. Except, he didn't have to watch someone get murder in cold blood. Sighing, I looked at my mother. No wonder she couldn't hear me, she had a pair of noise canceling head phones on. Mom never owned a pair. How kaeli got in the house being unnoticed shocked me. Kaeli was sneaky. Oh very very sneaky, but I was better. I knew I was. Now I had to figure out how to stop her. I had to before she hurt someone. At that moment, I heard a voice whisper, "You can't stop me. Nothing can." A chill ran through me. I didn't have to turn around to see who it was; I knew that smell, that voice. I heard slight laughter and someone running down the stairs. My breathing was shallow, my feet felt like cinder blocks.

'Deep breaths Jenna', I said silently. Someone else chimed in.

"I'm still here you know. In your head. I always am. I know where you are, all the time. Every day."

I couldn't take it anymore. I screamed, "LEAVE ME ALONE KAELI! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!". I sprinted down the stairs as fast as my legs could carry me. I stopped at the bottom of the stairs just in time to see someone darting out of the house, laughing like a manic. I saw the trail of brown hair, and in the moon light I saw the bright blue eyes of my sister.

She was back. And by the looks of it, she was out for blood.

Hehehe. Another cliff hanger! Don't hate me! I plan on writing more. I'll probably post every few weeks. I will post again by next Saturday, I promise! Anywayyyy, tell me what you think! Like it? Hate it?

VOTE

LIKE

COMMENT!

Lots of love,

TheGirlWhoCriedDeath.(:

P.S. Sorry for any mistakess!