Chapter 43

Happy almost New Year! I hope all of you have a healthy and successful 2018 xx

[[Previous Author's Note]] i'm not sure if i made this clear before, so i'm just gonna say it anyways. harry is 20, soon to be 21. felicity is 19 soon to be 20, which makes her a sophomore in college. she and colton (he's same age as her) got together towards the end of freshman year in high school, so they've been a couple for just about four and a half years. and yes, they did do the sex (i very subtly mentioned it in the last chapter so if you caught it, ten points to you). ok that's all

Harry

"Wait, oh god. Damn it," I grunt as the hotel room door comes swinging right at me, smacking me in the shoulder. It doesn't help my situation that the door is awfully heavy and I'm carrying both duffle bags in my hands. As the slab of wood came colliding with my shoulder, I nearly felt like I was getting hit by a truck. The contact forces me to stumble backwards a few steps before I decide to ask for assistance. "Uh, babycakes. A little help here, please."

Felicity turns around, looking up from the brochure in her hands that the front desk staff gave to her. "Oh! Oh gosh, sorry. I didn't know the door was closing. I told you I could carry my own bag."

"Babe, the bag is not the issue. I just wasn't expecting to run into the door."

I step into the room as she shuts the door behind me. Felicity starts mumbling something but I'm not paying any attention as I'm stunned by the room. I drop the bags to the floor and stare at everything around us before I begin exploring.

"Holy shit."

I knew our room would be nice, judging by the exterior of the hotel when we pulled up, but I wasn't thinking it would be this nice. The room is large and spacious, fancy paintings adorn the beige colored walls, and the furniture is made from dark reclaimed wood. To my left is a bathroom with a huge shower and a basket full of all the toiletries anyone would ever need on a granite counter. Ahead of me to my right is a large desk, fit with a telephone and several information binders. There's a mini fridge right beside it with a coffee maker and a basket full of snacks on top. A giant TV is mounted on one of the walls, directly across from a small couch.

As I step further into the room, I spot a massive king sized bed against the back wall. There are a million pillows with two small chocolate candies sitting on top. Just standing in front of the bed I can tell it'll be like sleeping on a cloud, which will be incredible after all the driving from today. The duvet looks softer and fluffier than the one at Lou's house, so I know I'll never want to get up tomorrow morning.

I take one more look at everything in this room, admiring all that is in my sight. This place is huge and I can't believe this is where we are staying for the night. I don't even want to know how much it cost.

I'll definitely need to send Felicity's dad a thank you note for paying for this.

Turning around, I see Felicity drag her duffle bag across the room before lifting it onto the couch and exhaling a sigh of exhaustion. I don't know what she has packed in that thing, but it's certainly heavy. She glances around the room and slowly nods her head as her eyes meet mine.

"Wow, this place is nice."

"It's awesome. This has got to be the fanciest place we've been to," I shake my head in disbelief as I walk past her. Standing at the window, I admire the view we have been lucky to get with this room. Now that it's dark outside, the city lights are shining brightly at us. "How am I supposed to make up for this? Your dad probably spent more on this place than we have on this entire trip."

"You don't have to make up for anything, Harry. You heard him on the phone. It's gas money."

"Are you kidding? This is too much to be gas money."