The Monarch

Book cover done by @Kat-Nova
Thanks for the lovely cover. I really appreciate it. You're so creative!

(book 2) Please note that this book is sequel to "The Change". Please consider reading it before you attempt to tackle this story as you will get a better understanding of the characters and their history. Thanks for reading! xoxo, SteamyHot

*** the chapters after the first few are set on private. The full book is on Wattpad but you have to be a follower to read. Troubleshooting not seeing the chapters (unfollow me, delete book, follow me and add the book)***
***

How does one become an Alpha? Is it a birthright, encoded in the essence of one's blood, or it is the perseverance to live, the compassion to help and determination to make a better living for oneself and others?  Avery Rogers is about to find out. After a barren mating that had lasted just shy of two years, Avery is hell bond on living a life away from power hungry bastards. And if she can help someone along the way, she would gladly make that extra effort. Finally managing to be in charge of her own life, she reaches out helping others overcome the difficulties of losing a mate, no matter the consequences. It doesn't come as a surprise, when she finds herself running a shelter for recently widowed or battered she-wolves. Only one thing remains a hardship: raising so many pups without the strong, tough, manly supervision. The small group of she-wolves and pups increases in numbers and becomes a movement that no longer can be underestimated or constricted in the limits of her childhood home.

In times of uncertainty and opposition, with Alphas threatening to overrun their little establishment, Avery has no choice but to venture out of her comfort zone in the search of the combat instructor who could teach basic survival skills to the cubs. If what she fears ever becomes a reality, she would be glad that they would stand a chance in the power-struggle, where Enforces are nothing but a brute force to achieve the goals of power-hungry Alphas. Naively planning to secure the perfect combat instructor, Avery does not leave a room to account for nature that comes at her with a full swing. Winter storm and dreaded coldness that soaks the life out of her make her prioritize the help for a rabid-looking stray, who simply does not want to leave.

Follow Avery's journey in the cynical world of plots, politics, scheming and the raising of a Monarchy.

After dealing with his biological father Pablo Alvarez, Jonathan Graves finally freefalls into the rage and darkness. They call it being berserk. For Jon – it is a nightmare. When he finally wakes up from it, he is taken in by opinionated, frustrating she-wolf, who nurtures him back to life, only to give him the boot. Or so she thinks, as Jon is dead set on picking his own time to depart!

When Jon meets Avery, the heavens roar as the Monarch and the Rogue discover more than they had initially bargained for.