[Chapter Twelve] Liam

"Sometimes,
                      the only soul that can mend a broken heart
                                          is the one that broke it.
                           For they are the ones holding all the pieces."

                                              ― Patti Roberts, The Angels Are Here

Chapter Twelve – Liam

I hadn't even seen her since that night we went camping, she's been avoiding me and I don't blame her, work was doing well and they decided to use some of my ideas for this new building they were building, it was such an amazing thing for me but it felt kind of empty because I didn't have anyone to really share it with.

The next time I saw her she was talking to a guy dressed nicely in an expensive looking car, who was that guy? He handed her some papers and she looked nearly over her shoulder at me and then looked away before pretending I wasn't there but I continued to watch as they talked and he gave her a hug before he left.

Who was that guy? She walked inside with Lalan and I let it go because they wouldn't tell me anyway.

"Hey mom." I went in and kissed her cheek

"Liam." She smiled

"How are you?" I asked her

"I'm alright, just. Never mind." She seemed to think better of something

"Just what?" I asked her

"It's nothing you need to worry about sweetheart." She patted my arm

"Mom, tell me." I encouraged her and she sighed

"I know things are done with you two and I don't want you bring you into it."

"Addison." She nodded

"It's nothing you need to worry about." She said

"Please just tell me." i sighed as i sat on the couch

"I'm worried about her is all, her nightmares are getting worse." i looked down at the ground and i felt a little guilty because i could stop them if i was still with her.

"Oh."

"Yeah, now tell us what the good news." She changed the topic so fast it took me a minute to think of why i came over.

"They're using my ideas on that building in Seattle." I told them and my mom's face lit up

"Oh baby I'm so proud of you." she hugged me and my dad patted me on the back while Kaylis hugged me even though she didn't really know what I was talking about.

They sat there with me for the next hour asking me every question that they could think of and it was late so I went up into my room and decided to crash there.

I shot awake when I heard her screaming again and I looked at the clock. I watched her light turn on and saw Lalan in the window as she held her and then the light went back off and she woke up again two hours later. I pushed my blankets off and headed downstairs

"Where are you going?" My das scared me

"You know where I'm going." I told him before I walked into the cold. I jumped over the fence and went into their house without hesitation I went right up to go to her room.

"I hope you know what you're doing." Asher was standing in his doorway looking worried, tired and sad.

"Yeah, me too." I pushed her door open slowly and I could hear her crying so I pulled my sweats and shirt off and climbed into bed with her. She jumped and looked over at me and I brushed her hair from where it was sticking to her face.