Chapter 14

Chapter 14

 Stavos POV...

(Sexy Stavos----------->)

The frigid wet weather didn’t bother me at all as I stood in the middle of the forest and opened my senses. Being back in Europe and feeling the pull of my lineage did not make me a happy camper in the least. Dimitri, Irina, and Gustav had managed to calm down the employees and get them back to work. Extra security as well as a little magic had been added to protect those in our employ. The wind and sleet blew through the trees and made a sound like a whistling train. Nikolai, the coward has refused to answer my silent summons. He went to all this trouble to make sure that I set foot back on this part of the world and now he refuses to face me.

“Fine, dear cousin. We will dance soon enough.” He said to the seemingly empty woods. But he knew better and it amused me that Nikolai didn’t realise this before he sent his minions after me that were now lurking in the shadows. I sensed them long before they had arrived, but I decided that I would play the game and see where it was going to go. I turned and silently made my way back to civilization. I almost laughed out loud  when the minions followed me. I could smell their fear but they were determined to carry out their orders. I made it through the open clearing and I wondered how far they were going to let me go before they acted to their pathetic plan of attack. Did Nikolai think so little of me that these three underlings would effectively be pitted against me?

I felt the air shift  moment before one of the minions came flying out of the trees right at me, and I immediately dematerialized and he flew right over where I was standing just moments ago. And even before he regained his footing I appeared right behind him and ripped his head right off of his shoulders and dropped the offending body part at my feet. Flipping my lighter open, I dropped it on the remains and I flashed through the trees in the tail of the other cowardly lackey that chose to run instead of facing me. I sprinted to left just as he rounded the bend and grabbed him by the throat and slammed him against the oversized tree trunk. He clawed at my fist as I got right up into his face.

“I smell Nikolai all over you so don’t deny it. What do you want from me? Either you tell me or I pull it from your very thoughts before I kill you.” I calmly explained to his flushed face.

Easing the pressure a bit off his vocal cords, I waited for him to answer me. He drew a shuddering breath before replying, “We were supposed to subdue you  and bring you to Master Nikolai?”

I just shook my head, it seems that after all these years of leading the council, my cousin was still stupid. I stepped back and thrust the servant to the ground at my feet. “You tell Nikolai that he has to do better than that, he wanted me here and I came but he insults me by sending lackeys that has no idea what they are up against. You tell your Master I have no desire to chat with him over anything. He has his legacy and I don't want it.” And with a nod of understanding from the still choking Vampire I dematerialized straight to the waiting jet.

I was more than ready to go home. Dimitri and the others departed a few hours ago once they had everything situated with the offices and the factory here. I knew my friend was itching to get back home to his mate just as much as I was to get to my beautiful boys. Those naughty little imps has a lot to answer for when I get home. They all have been driving us nuts through the mating bond and all their naughty little antics, and I hope Caleb is prepared for the beast he had unleashed in his mate. Sitting back I made sure that I didn’t have any undesirable materials on my person from that farce of a scuffle in the woods. I mean Nikolai has let his false sense of power blind him to the fact that if I really wanted his position as leader of the council all I had to was kill him for it. His powers were nothing compared to mine. It was my birthright after all.