Legends [9](Edited)

I felt nothing but Jacob's warm lips on mine, and my nerves standing on end. It's like the whole world stopped moving once or lips made contact. I never wanted this kiss to end. Our lips were moving in sync, and Jacob's hands found their way to my body; one on my waist, and the other on my cheek. My arms wound their way around his neck, and my fingers tangled themselves into his hair. The feeling of this embrace was indescribable, it was everything I have ever wished for in a kiss, it was everything I have ever read about and more.

It was perfect, but ended too soon, and I hungered for his lips once more.

"I am so sorry, Ari.." He whispered, pressing his forehead against my own.

"Jacob, I am so confused. You just kissed me, what on earth were you talking about when you said that you have problems no one can fix and that you were protecting me?" I asked, nearly speechless.

"Just.. Ughh... Sit down and I'll explain."

"Jake, I am sitting..."

"Right." He sighed. "Well, the Quiliutes are supposedly descended from wolves, well, werewolves actually; our people call them Spirit Wolves. Spirit wolves have passed down a gene that creates an army of their kind whenever a Cold One, or vampire in your case, is around. I inherited the gene... And Bella is dating a blood sucker. The entire Cullen family is made up of Cold Ones, but they really aren't ones that we should worry about.. At least that's what they are trying to convince us. Just because they don't kill humans. Right, like they don't cheat. But that isn't the point, Spirit Wolves do this thing called Imprinting." He said the word carefully and looked me in the eyes. "Its when the Spirit Wolves find their mate, the person that they would die for, the person that they will love no matter what. You are my imprint, Aribella. I love you."

I felt my heart skip at least eight beats, and my hands began to get clammy. Jacob was a werewolf, and he imprinted on me. Bella was dating a vampire, and they were all in my room trying to talk to me. And last but not least, Jacob was in love with me. I didn't even think the werewolf thing even mattered, he was still my Jake, and now I understand why he lied. He obviously couldn't tell me any of this because he was afraid that I would run away, that I would leave him because of what he is; that he would lose his imprint forever. I didn't think I could ever leave Jacob, no matter what he was, or the lies he told, because I could see that he truly and sincerely loved me. I'm sure by now a concentrated look has taken over my features, and I was barely breathing.

"Ari, you don't have to be with me if you don't want to be..." He stated quietly, sadness present in his voice.

I laughed loudly and fell onto the bed. He looked at me bewildered, and I clutched my stomach. "Me? Not want to be with... with you? Are you insane? Of course I want to be with you, Jake... I'm just processing everything you just told me."

He sighed in relief and took me in his arms, rocking me back and forth as I focused on the information I was just given, and not on the fact that I kind of wanted to shove my tongue down Jacob's throat at that moment. Stupid hormones.

"So you are a werewolf, I am your mate, and Bella is engaged to a vampire?" I asked, fumbling with my words.

"Yes, yes, and yes." He replied, smiling to himself.

"Okay, I got it now! But wait, the lady with the red eyes... She was a vampire too, wasn't she?"

"Yes, she was."

"And what about the light that came out of me or whatever? Did that really happen or was I just imagining things?" I asked solemnly.

"That really happened." He replied again.

"Oh, well, that's weird..." I shrugged, standing up and towing Jacob along with me by the hand.

I walked out to the living room and pushed Jake onto the couch, taking a casual seat on his lap before fiddling with the remote, looking for something to watch.

"She took it well, I see." Billy smiled from the kitchen.

"Surprisingly well." Jacob told him, earning an elbow to the stomach.

He made a strangled sort of sound, and leaned forward, taking the remote out of my hand. He changed the channel from Jane By Design to Ridiculousness and I groaned inwardly, leaning back against his chest.

"I knew he was weird." I said out loud, but to myself.

"Who is weird, Little One?" Billy asked.

"Edward Cullen... He sounds like a weird child molester!" I laughed.

"He kind of is one, Rabbit." Jake told me. "Bella is 18, and he is like 111."

Well, that was a nasty piece of information... "Uhm, eww!"

I pulled out my cell phone, and dialed Bella's number; she answered on the second ring, sounding slightly panicked. "Aribella, where are you?"

"Dad knows where I am, so it doesn't matter. Why didn't you tell me that you were engaged to a blood sucking pedophile!"

She hung up angrily, and I smiled triumphantly. "So what does this mean? Why is everyone on edge?"

"There are more vampires. Bad ones, and bad things could happen... Really bad. I don't want you getting hurt."

Chills ran down my spine, and I shuddered, fearing the possibilities of my future. Fearing what could happen if I were caught in the cross fire of a mythical battle.

**********************************************************************************

Sorry for the long wait, my loves... I have been at odds with myself lately..! But it should be all better! At least, thats what Im hoping,,,, Hahahaha!!! Anyways, I really hope you like it! <3 I love you all! <3 <3 <3