Daddy Issues

Waking up is the worst thing about sleep, it feels like someone rips the best part of your day away within a blink of an eye. That's exactly what my brother does every morning when he wakes me up.

"Treasure get up you gone make us late." I opened my sleep filled eyes and was face to face with my older brother, Jared.

"I'm not going." I said turning on my side and closing my eyes. He smacked his lips.

"Treasure come on man I got morning practice and ma gone flip if she get here and find out you missed school."

"Fine, Jared I'll walk. Just leave me alone already." I groaned.

"Fine." He said walking out and slamming the door. I rolled over and out of the bed. I shivered when my feet hit the cold concrete ground. I pulled off my pajama shirt and began putting on my school uniform.

"Shit." I cursed when the button on my khaki school pants popped off and bounced off my mirror before falling on the floor. I bent over and picked it up, remembering the needle and thread my grandma keeps in her bedroom. I flung the door open with my white button down shirt still unbuttoned and ran downstairs to her room. I opened the door and went the the desk where she keeps her needle and thread grabbed it and turned to leave.

"Treasure you-" I jumped and quickly pulled my shirt together to cover my exposed body when I heard Jared at the door. "You gotta be fucking kidding me." He said stepping into the room.

"You scared me." I said trying to walk around him. He grabbed me pulling me back.

"Move your hand." He said grabbing at my hands. I shook my head no as tears walked up in my eyes. "Treasure I'm not gone say it again." He said pushing me back onto the bed moving my shirt. "You pregnant? Are you serious? How could you be so stupid? Don't you see the shit we going through? These slum ass projects we living in and you go out and get pregnant?" He yelled at me.

"I thought you were gone." Was I I could think to say as I cried. He turned his nose up at me while shaking his head.

"You not my sister no more, man. You can't be my little sister. My sister smarter than that." He said, walking out the room. I heard his foot steps but I didn't move until the front door slammed. I walked back upstairs and finished getting ready for school.

-What. Do. Y'all. Think?

-Good or nah?

-Give me feedback

-A.J