Chapter 27. September

• Dedicated to Whoever doesn't want it to end <3

Chapter 27

Before I knew it, it was September.

Dion had been staying in my apartment; he had gotten a job and was still working up the courage to ask Bre out, we had long nightly conversations where he would make a fool of himself over Bre, I would make a fool of myself over Reece and then we would get pissed on whatever alcohol I had left in the fridge then the next week we would do it all again. It never got old.

Brooklyn went home. We had a long talk the night after Reece left for Adelaide and we sorted ourselves out. He loved me, I loved Reece and nothing about that was going to change so he got on the next available plane and promised that he would be back in a year and we would both be civilized and everything would go back to normal.

The only thing that wasn’t normal was Reece and I. He had taken off for Adelaide with the rest of the boys a day or two after we had agreed to cancel the wedding. Liv had stayed behind shortly to check that everything was sorted out before she went home too.

That only left Dion, Bre, Danny, Danni and I. Everyone else had moved on or moved away and now everything was different.

But September had a strange sense of Déjà Vu. It would have been late November when the original version of this happened but this time the excitement was more vivid, more real, more-

“REECE!”

I slid the glass door shut with a loud thud.

“Jesus Danny!” I screamed looking back at where he was sorting CD’s “Do we really have to go through this again?”

“Yup” he laughed, grinning at me from over the counter “Why not, the last time this happened you ended up with a boyfriend”

“This is about his music, not about us Danny” I replied “There isn’t much of an ‘us’ anymore”

“Bull” he laughed “The guy’s crazy about you, you idiot”

I shook my head “Shut up”

He only grinned wider. Danny had an odd smile about him the last couple of weeks, I’m not sure if he’d been getting some from Danni every now and again or he knew something that I didn’t.

Danny wiggled his eyebrows at me and placed Reece’s new album in the CD player, blasting Just My Luck through the speaker’s and sending the girls insane. I was guessing the latter at this point in time.

“So when is Mr. Mastin suppose to be here?” I asked, ignoring the song and the memories it brought back.

Chinese, Chopsticks, “Twat”

“About 10” he shrugged

I looked down at my watch “Mr. Wolf it’s 10:15”

“Sorry” laughed the brunette boy walking in through the back entrance “I never was a punctual kid”

“No” I replied “You most certainly weren’t”

It was the first time I had seen Reece properly in 2 months. He stopped by occasionally for some of his things or to see Dion but apart from that we were never in the same room for long. It wasn’t awkward but it wasn’t easy – not when I still loved him like I did.

His hair was longer; though he’d gotten it cut I don’t know how many times through the weeks, his greeny-blue eyes held the same sparkle as always, his pink lips were large and stretched in a grin and he had one or two more tattoo’s that I hadn’t bothered to ask about.

Seeing him properly for the first time made me remember the white dress and veil I had hung in the back of my wardrobe and the silver dress that Bre, Liv and Abbey still had in the back of theirs. Everyone still had their outfits; I guess they had just been assuming that we would be back in that place sooner than this.