Chapter 8: If You Want Me Just Ask

Slideshow of banner made by various people off to the side. Thanks! VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE!!!

Chapter 8: If You Want Me Just Ask or You Done Staring, June?

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment"-Unknown

December’s Pov.

Hunter stared me in the eyes for a good minute before answering my question. Well answering around it, is more like it. But I did tell him he could answer the questions the way he wanted to. I mean since I just accepted into wanting to find out who he is—while pushing him away at the same time—then I was probably going to find out.

“You make a cute face when you’re seeking info, but he’s no one that you need to know at the moment; just a visiting friend.” He bit his lip, and I swear that was the most innocent thing but it seemed so sexual. I might’ve stared too much.

When I looked back up he was turning off the engine and opening the door. My nerves seemed to seep in that this was all real. He was really coming to my house to crash on my couch. I don’t know what made me trust him so much, maybe it was a whim, a stupid decision but I was allowing it. I unbuckled my seatbelt and followed Hunter out of the car.

Suddenly his head turned abruptly. We were already at my door, and I was standing there with him as if I was waiting for him to unlock it, as if he had a key. I unlocked the door and pushed it open but Hunter grabbed my arm to stop me. I looked up at his face and it was set narrowed in a calculating stare at the house next to mine. It wasn’t on the side where my tree and window were, it was on the other side of my house.

“You go inside. You can lock the door too. I’m going to come in through your window.” He replied taking his eyes away from the house. It had a light on and a little old woman was in the view looking at the television but glancing over every five seconds.

“Hunter,” I warned. “If that’s your idea to get into my bedroom then try again.” I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

He scrunched his eyebrows in confusion. “November, are you really that naïve? I don’t want you to get into trouble by bringing me into your house and me not leaving till tomorrow. She looks the type to tell. Nosy old bat.” His hazel eyes swirled with humor as my mouth made an ’o’.

“Oh, well I—you—whatever.” I turned on my heel and slammed the door in Hunter’s face. I looked out the peep hole to see him smile and turn on the ball of his Nike covered feet, got in the car, and drove away. Did he change his mind about staying? Whatever then, all I know is that if he does come back with my car then I should be changed into my pjs.

Wait, Hunter took my car! If he doesn’t come back then I’ll be dead! I’m so stupid; of course he wasn’t interested in letting me in! He just wanted the car. Idiot. How will I explain this to my parents? My uncle will kill me once he finds Hunter in it. I couldn’t just go up to my parents and say ‘oh yeah, the car you kept here for me. Yeah well a good-looking guy smooth-talked it out of our hands.’ I’d literally get sent to an insane asylum or worse, chained in my room forever.

Apparently I sat there freaking out for five minutes in the middle of my living room because I screamed bloody murder when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“Damn quit screaming, it’s just me March.” Hunter’s soothing and calm voice said. I whipped around and glared at him.

“Hunter why would you scare me like that?” I yelled at him angry because he nearly sent me into Cardiac Arrest. He smiled and raised his hands up in a surrendering motion.