Chapter 32 - Dealing with the Devil

CATALEYA

After whispering seductively in his ears, I started to walk away from him but his warm hand grabbed my arm once again. He pushed me against the darkened wall and lifted my chin up so he can see through my eyes through my mask. Confusion and annoyance danced around in his eyes. He had a deep frown etched to his forehead trying to wrap his mind around the things he felt whenever his near me.

“Can you just tell me the truth?” he pleaded with his gray eyes that stared down at my green colored eyes.

“Why does it bother you so much?” hindi ko na napigilang itanong sa kanya. Gusto kong malaman kung bakit ganito siya ka-attached sa akin bilang si Lady Catalithe.

“Because you are fucking with my mind! I shouldn’t be like this messed up,” naiiling na sabi niya.

“How so? I’m not doing anything to you,” I tried to defend myself, my voice raising a bit.

“Just a sight of you with another man was enough to make me so mad! I don’t know what witchery you did to me but I want you to get it off me,” he said with a bit of disgust in his voice. He looked in my eyes again after a few seconds of pause. “I can’t be like this when... when...” he stopped himself and put distance on our bodies, and pregnant pause came between us. I wanted to know what goes on with his confused mind.

“When what?” I prodded.

“When I’m already with someone so great!” he snapped at me, his piercing gray eyes seemed to bore a deep hole in my soul.

“You mean that poor excuse of a slut over there?” I said seriously, as I cocked my head towards Maddie’s general direction with much sarcasm in my voice. Alam ko naman na ako ang tinutukoy niya, hindi ko lang talaga mapigilan ang sarili ko na biruin siya.

“NO!” he immediately exclaimed. His reaction put a big, fat smile on my face.

“But she told me that she’s your fiancée. Your father and hers didn’t object when she blatantly declared it in my face,” I asked nonchalantly.

“Oh! She’s just a delusional friend of mine,” he said exasperatedly. “She don’t know when to stop,” he added.

Good to know! Good boy!

“So... who is the lucky one that caught the interest of The Ruthless Monster?” I asked smirking behind the mask, fishing for some compliments somehow. “Is she the rumored wife that I heard about?” I said seductively, heavy with French accent, as I caress his cheek with my finger.

“It’s not the point of our discussion right now,” he stated quickly as he remove my finger away from his face, borderline of irritation and rudeness.

Ouch! Hindi ba ako importante para pag-usapan? How rude!

“And your point is?” I asked in a bored tone, as I retrieve my finger from his grasp. I really am not interest in what he wanted us to discuss.

There was never been an US! I’m just a stranger to him now! Bakit ba sobra ang hang up niya sa akin?

“Have we really met before? I can sense the familiarity between us,” he said bewildered as he lightly ran his fingers on my arm. I shivered slightly and wrenched his hand away from me before he noticed the effect of his touch. “Your touch is so familiar to me. Could it be that we had been lovers before?”

Aray! Lovers daw? He admitted directly to a stranger’s face that he had lovers before! Before or after marrying me? Sakyan ko kaya ang sinasabi niya. Can I be a mistress of my own husband?