Untitled Shadamy

The wind tossed my long pink quills around my face as I sped down the street. My longtime best friend sat next to me in the passengers seat. She fiddled with the radio until she found a station that wasn't mostly static.

   The beginning of Cream's favorite song began to play and she screeched with delight. She sang loudly and off key. I smiled.

   "Hey! I just met you! And this is cra-zy! But here's my number! So call me maybe!" She belted out. I laughed. She smiled at me. "As if you could do better." She teased.

   I smirked. "Oh, honey, trust me. I can."

   "Do it then." Cream giggled.

   "Fine. Let's do this." I laughed. I cleared my throat dramatically.

   "Your stare was holding, ripped jeans, skin was showing, hot night, wind was blowing. Where you think you going, baby?" I sang. I tossed a quick glance at Cream. She knew what was coming up next. She sucked in a huge gulp of air and we sang.

   "Hey, I just met you! And this is cra-zy! But, here's my number! So call me, maybe!" We sang obnoxiously. Shortly after the song ended, Cream and I were high off of laughter and listening to each other scream out song lyrics.

   She smacked the dashboard. "You can't sing at all!" She laughed. I rolled my eyes.

   "Oh, yeah. And you have the voice of an angel." I replied sarcastically. She looked at me and stuck out her tongue.

   "I prefer the term god gifted." She crossed her arms defensively. I laughed.

   "Okay, then." I smiled. I wasn't paying any attention to the road. My head was in the clouds, until Cream screamed.

   "Amy, stop!"

   I slammed my foot down hard on the brake, the car lurched forward violently. I looked out the windshield. A black hedgehog stood in front of my car. His crimson eyes wide with fear and shock. His chest rising and falling harshly.

   Immediately, I through open the drivers side door and sprang out. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" I practically screamed.

   He looked at me with wide eyes. "What the hell." He exhaled.

   I ran up to him. "Are you hurt? Did I hit you?" I asked. He looked at me, his crimson eyes locked on mine seeming somewhat softer.

   "I-I'll take you to the hospital." I said reaching out to him. He brushed my hand away.

   "N-no. I'm fine." He looked sick, almost as if he was about to throw up.

   I rested my hands on his broad shoulders. "Sir, are you sure you're okay? I nearly hit you with my car. Do you want me take you somewhere?" I asked.

   He shook his head. "No, I'm fine. Really." He didn't bother pushing my hands away. He smiled weakly at me. "But, you need to learn to be a little less lead footed." He said joking.

   I smiled. "Well, maybe you can help me learn."

   He smiled back. "Maybe I can."