Saving Grace: The Glory of Love Chapter 13

In this chapter, I wanted to show how strong Grace is. She has to face her fear and the man that attacked her face to face.

I hope you enjoy. Please vote or comment if you like what you read.

===========================================================

Chapter 13

Luke 6:27-36 - "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you. If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful."

Jake picked me up and drove me to practice on Saturday morning. Neither one of said anything the whole way there. When we pulled into the parking lot, he took my hand, kissed it and said, "Babe, I don't want you to worry. If you are not ready to face John today, we can wait."

"No. I am ready. I just need to make sure I have what I want to say straight in my head before I walk in."

"Do you want to run through it with me?"

"No. I think by the time practice is over I will have everything arranged in my mind and be OK."

"I love you!"

"I love you too!" I told him and leaned over and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.

We walked into practice and Jake took his normal position on the bench with his stop watch and laptop. I ran into the dressing room to change. Once I jumped into the pool, my mind began to relax and roll all the stress away with each lap. As I started to relax, my thoughts came into focus on what to say to John. By the time practice was over, I was confident and in control of my thoughts and plans.

Jake could tell the difference in my attitude as we drove to the jail. He looked over to check on me several times and finally said, "You look relaxed."

"Yeah, swimming helps me clear my mind and put everything into perspective. I am ready to face him."

We pulled into the parking lot and walked in quietly to sign-in. We waited until we were lead back to the visitation room. The room was filled with tables with loved ones and prisoners in orange jumpsuits. I had expected glass in between us, but knew if anything happened Jake was there and would protect me and of course the guards would make sure he did not do anything to us. Jake sat next to me and held my hand under the table. He squeezed my hand when we saw John walk in and I could feel my body tense up. "God, please guide my thoughts, my words, my actions and my footsteps!" I prayed silently. John smiled when he saw me, but looked angry when he saw Jake sitting next to me.

"Hey. Thanks for coming. I knew you would come and see me." John said kind of smug.

"John, please sit down and let me say what I came to say." I needed to make sure I was in control of this situation. I was not going to give in to him. He sat down and looked at Jake and how close we were sitting.

"Who is this?" He said as he pointed to Jake.

"This is my boyfriend Jake."

"Why is he here?"