Chapter 18- Untimely News

I strutted into the kitchen, feelin’ pretty fly.

“Pretty fly for a white guy~!” I sung, before Naruto pushed me forward, making me stumble.

“Shut up.” Naruto ordered, grinning. I pursed my lips in response, why doesn’t anyone like it when I sing?

“Oi! I’m me! You can’t speak like that to someone as awesome as I am!”

“But, I just did.”

“And you shall be bent over Orochimaru’s knee and spanked for what you have done!” I pointed and made a face.

“Orochimaru? Spanked? WHAT?!” Naruto’s face contorted into one of disgust.

“Oh, you know you like it.” Naruto was about to argue back, when we heard someone clear their throat.

“It’s so nice to see you two getting along after such a long time!” It was Kakashi who spoke, his voice cheerful, sarcastically so. “But, unfortunately, we have more pressing matters to attend to.” I sighed, and ran my fingers through my hair, trying to get some of the knots out.

“I know, Kakashi.” I looked over my kitchen, studying who was present with me. There was Sakura, who was leaning against my fridge. She sent me a slight smile, and I knew that she was informed about my mission, which I wasn’t all too happy about.

Said was sitting calmly at my table, not saying a word. Him and I had become pretty good friends, so much so that he bothered to teach me how to read Japanese!

Next to him, was Kakashi. He looked normal, unlike me in my unkempt  state. “Can I speak with you, Jess?” Kakashi stood, and I knew that what he wanted to say couldn’t wait. I nodded stiffly, before following him out of the room without a word.

When we were separated from the rest of my team, Kakashi turned to me, a calm aura about him. “I think you should tell them about where you come from.” Panic overcame me from just thinking about it,

“What?!” I hissed, “NO! No, definitely not!” I couldn’t even stand the thought! No, I didn’t want them knowing!

“Why? You told me, and I handled it well.” I avoided eye contact, considering it. Even so, I was fidgeting. “They’re you team, Jess. You’re all like family, the longer you put it off, the harder it’ll be.” I finally managed to look the man in the eye.

“I’ll make my decision when I come back, I don’t want to be worrying about this while I’m away.” I once again averted eye contact, deciding that a crack in the floorboards was much more interesting than Kakashi’s face.  “You have to promise me though, you won’t tell without my permission. I don’t want this on my mind while I’m away.”

“Jess, I wouldn’t tell without your consent, I thought you knew that.” Wow, way to make me feel guilty Kakashi. “It’s not like they’d believe me, anyway.” I glanced up, smirking.

“True.” Kakashi finally sighed, and I unfolded my arms, which had crossed at some point during the conversation.  “I need to go get changed.” Somehow, I don’t think I’d be very useful if I were to set off on a mission wearing a daggy, Uchiha branded, sweatshirt, and loose pants that were two sizes too big. What? Sasuke left all his clothes here when he left, and I haven’t been growing much lately…

Damn my body…

“By the way, reverse summon me when you go back to your world.”

Hah… I thought he’d forgotten.

“I will, once I’m not nocturnal. But right now, as I said, I need to suit up.” And before Kakashi could distract me with saying anything else, I re-entered the kitchen. As I did, everyone stared at me, but I just grinned at them all.