Chapter Thirty Five

------------------------------------------

Dedication: Fr3e2dre4m for the awesome banner on the side. Thank you so much for it. :)

-----------------------------------------

The car trip home from the hospital was eerily silent. I kept opening my mouth to speak, but I had no words to say. I absently tapped my fingers on my jeans and stared out the window. It was overcast and drizzling, seeming to reflect the mood everyone was in.

It was hard to explain what Jason and Miranda were feeling actually. They were happy one minute, and then they'd just space out. They were obviously upset about everything, but he caused so much trouble in their life, they seem like they're sort of hoping he'd die. I know they'd feel horrible admitting it, but I knew it was true. I wouldn't judge them on that. I'm seemingly in the same boat.

I sighed deeply. We drove passed the entrance up my hill and I raised my eyebrows at Jason. I had been under the impression I was going home. Clearly that was not going to be the case. I cleared my throat, gaining attention from the two.

He shook his head at me in answer. "I want you to stay the night."

"I don't have my things..." I pointed out, furrowing my eyebrows together. I'd assumed that wanted to have some alone, family time. I didn't want to intrude on them, especially with all they're going through.

"Oh."

"I'll stop by quickly then." Miranda said over her shoulder quietly, her voice strained.

I nodded but remained quiet. Her eyes were a little teary, but other then that, you could hardly tell what was going on with her. I stopped staring and cast my eyes downwards. We turned around and headed up my hill steadily. She came to a smooth halt out the front of my place. She cut the engine and the car did a slight shudder as it turned off.

"I'll just be a sec..." I said, trailing off, undoing my seatbelt.

It went so fast that the silver buckle chipped my chin. I jumped back at the collision and Jason just rolled his eyes at me in amusement. Of course I'd embarrass myself again in front of him. I always seemed to do something stupid when he was around.

I jumped out of the car and hurried inside, not wanting to make them wait any longer then necessary. All they wanted to do was probably go home. Also, they both saw me get smacked by the seat belt, so, yeah. I didn't want to exactly linger around.

"Nice to see you, daughter." Dad called.

"Hey," I replied, rushing past him. I began throwing clothes into a bag and my essentials. I heard his footsteps stop at my door way. I glanced up. He leant on my door frame, frowning, arms folded. He gave me the 'look'.

"You going somewhere?"

"Yeah, Jason's."

"Thanks for asking," he said sarcastically. "And what if I don't want you to?"

"Dad, they're going through a really tough time at the moment. Have you not been watching the news?"

"No?" He asked, raising his eyebrows. "What's happened?"

"Jason's Dad was hit by a car. He's in the hospital at the moment. I think he's in a coma."

"Oh my God." he said, dropping his hands. "I had no idea..."