Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Than's POV

"I haven't been here in a while. Last night my dreams were bright and beautiful, I didn't once worry about what was going to happen to me. Tonight was different though, I knew it would be different when I could see nothing but darkness.

I felt like I was nowhere and somewhere at the same time. Nothing but darkness surrounded me, I should have been afraid but I wasn't. I knew that he was going to show up. He would come for me and pull me from this darkness and I wouldn't have to worry anymore.

Waiting for him was painful; every second felt ike hours and it seemed to go for forever. Everywhere I looked was darkness. I didn't see any sign of him. There was no light in the distance, no hand stretching out for me. Nothing.

Where was he? Would he come this time? Before I could ask myself another question I felt something tighten around my leg. I looked down to see the darkness gripping my ankle. There was a tugging and soon I was being pulled down into the darkness.

It came alive, clinging to every part of me. The blackness wrapped around my waist never letting go. I fought but the more I fought was the more it seemed to pull me under. There was no escaping it. It reached my neck and kept dragging me down. It gripped tighter and tighter until I could breathe anymore.

I was reaching out for anything that I could grab to pull me out. I was gasping for air but I couldn't take in enough to keep me sane. My arms were flailing all over the place reaching out for something...anything that could help."

My body shot up from the bed and there was a deep voice screaming. It was me. I looked down and saw that the sweat was causing the sheets to cling to my body. Peeling them from my skin and closing my eyes I took a deep breath to calm me. When I opened them again I was met with beautiful ivory ones and bright red ones that mimicked my own.

"Are you okay Than?" I sat back so that I could see their faces. Hermes' eyebrows were furrowed and Hypnos just looked concerned. Looking deep into his eyes I could tell that he knew what my dream was about, he was the god of sleep.

"Yes pet I'm quite alright..." he didn't look convinced but he shrugged and walked back to the couch where he wrapped himself in my covers that he stole the other night and fell asleep. Rolling my eyes at his foolishness I looked back up at my brother who was staring at me with a knowing look.