Chapter 29- The Day Before (edited chapter)

THIS CHAPTER WILL ONLY BE UP FOR A LIMITED TIME SO VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE.

 Kyla’s POV

When Christian and I arrived back at Olivia’s house, Christian had planned on explaining his plan to everyone including me. To our dismay, everyone except for Olivia had left the house for the evening. It seemed they wanted to get out of the house to feed, so they all decided to make a night out of it. Olivia stayed behind to keep me company and asked Christian if he wanted to go catch up with them, which he declined saying he would rather keep me company, as well. 

After that, the night went pretty quickly; Christian and Olivia fed on the blood that Olivia kept in the fridge. We sat around talking until Olivia showed me to the room I’d be staying in for the next three days.

It took me a while to go to sleep because my mind would not turn off. I was too busy thinking about Christian’s plan and what he had said on the way back from my place. He told me his plan would literally kill me, and I was anxious to know exactly what he meant by that.

It was two in the morning before my eyelids started to feel heavy, and by the time I fell asleep, my mind was instantly filled with thoughts of Liam. I dreamt about him the whole night, some of it good, but most of it bad. I dreamt about his touch and his kiss and the way he made me feel each time, but those dreams were short lived as the nightmares of what might become of us if things do not go as planned in the next few days. The nightmares went from awful to worse as I dreamt about him being with another woman and most importantly falling for her and forgetting about me forever. I dreamt these things until the early hours of the morning, my body feeling like I had not slept a wink the whole, entire night.

I was now laying in the queen size bed of Olivia’s guest bedroom staring up at the ceiling above me. I’d been awake for hours now, and I knew I would not be able to go back to sleep anytime soon. With that conclusion, I decided to get out of bed and make my way to the en-suite bathroom to take a warm shower in the hopes of waking myself up and clearing my head.

When I finished, I pulled some clothes on from the bag Christian had packed for me before exiting my room to head downstairs. As I got closer to the top of the staircase, I began to smell the mouth watering scent of freshly made pancakes. Picking up my pace, I quickly descended the stairs and made my way to the kitchen where I was surprised to see everyone gathered together.

Stopping near the large center island, I gave everyone a weird look when I saw plates of food in front of each of them. Looking over to Christian I was even more surprised to find that he was the one cooking the food.

Pulling my confused and surprised gaze back over to everyone seated at the island, I raised my eyebrows curiously, “I didn’t know you guys ate real food, I thought you only drank blood?” I said questionably as I looked from one to the other.

“There’s a lot of things you don’t know about vampires, everything you think you know is most likely wrong or exaggerated,” it was Gavin who said this and immediately his words had me intrigued making question after question pop into my head.

Walking over to an empty stool at the island, I sat down facing everyone, “So vampires can eat real food? How come I’ve never seen you guys eat until now then?” I questioned them.

Ian gave a grin before responding to my question, “We can eat food, but we don’t need to, we just prefer blood. Vampires don’t need regular food to survive, but we do have the option to enjoy it if we’d like. Today we all decided to go buy some food and eat a nice breakfast with you, we all thought it would make you feel better.”