21. He is All I Need

“Remember to let her into your heart, then you can start to make it better.” The Beatles

Lena Rose Winter

My first friend in this school. The screechy mouse who was dating an asshole with a huge ego, but not as humongous as hers. I took in her appearance, with a disgusted smirk on my face. She was wearing a glittering, long, sparkly red dress that reached the floor.

Her hair was pulled to the side, falling on her right shoulder in cascading waves. With about a ton of make up on her face, she resembled the ugliest creature I'd ever seen in my whole life.

I was not a hypocrite. I didn't see the gorgeous girl every one saw, I saw a frail, wannabe seeking for attention.

She looked like the last hocrux in the Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows. Weak, but feeding on others to gain strength. I saw through that prideful smirk.  I knew Mark was a bad influence on her. But, Stacy didn’t.

Stacy Hennings.

She crossed the line. It was now or never.

I heard gasps in the gym, every eye was once again glued on my enemy and I. Anger bubbled in me, my nostrils were flaring and my face got hot. I clenched my fist and looked at her.

My eyes flickered to her hands, still holding the empty glass, clutching it for life. "Oups? That's all you can find to say? Why did you do that, Hennings?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. My fury was not going to get out of control this time. They were slightly shaking. This ought to be easy.

"Well? Cat got your tongue?" I smirked, crossing my arms together.

"You're a bitch," she stated, shrugging her shoulders. I felt my eyebrows go higher on my forehead.

Suddenly, a staggering Mark appeared, and slid his arm around her shoulder. He was positively drunk, because his eyes were half closed and his hand held a bottle of beer.

"Heeeeey, caatfiight! Gooooo prettyyyy..." slurred Mark, barely comprehensible. My eyes met Liam's, whose face was covered with shock, anger and anxiousness.

"I got this," I mouthed, in hope to reassure him. Well, I failed. He had a reason to be worried though. Last time I talked to Mark, my fist connected with his face.

"Nice boyfriend you got here, Hennings." She shot me a death glare, before turning to Mark.

"For your information, my man is a hundred times better than the Silent Freak here," declared Stacy, placing a sloppy kiss on Mark's cheek. I didn't have time to think about the fact that she'd insulted Liam, because, to everyone's surprise, he shook her off, then wiped her kiss.

"Ew! I got uglyyyy cooties," He exclaimed, still wiping his cheek. My mouth fell open. So did Stacy's.

"Mark, what do you mean by ugly ?" gasped Stacy, eyeing her boyfriend. He pointed at her and grimaced.

"Youuu're ugly, dumdum." I bit my lip from laughing. He was acting like a little kid.

This was priceless, but not as much as Stacy's expression. She recomposed from her bewilderment by wrapping her arms around his waist.

By now, the entire gym had gone wild. Every one was hooting for Mark.

"GUYS, GUYS. He's just drunk, he-he doesn't know what he's saying," stuttered Ugly.  Mark shook her off for the second time today. He took a deep breath, looking quite like a little kid confessing something.