The Council

The Council

Beverly's POV:

I could hear everything around me but my eyes wouldn't open. It was like they were sealed shut.

"I have many ways to prove it. Emma knows and the demons from the past know about it." I recognized that voice anywhere. It was Brandon's.

"Well Brandon, I will discuss it further...until then your parents are under arrest. They will be kept in the isolation chamber. Once we figure out what will happen we will let you know. A penalty like this cannot go unpunished. But...Brandon I warn you, they will be taken from the throne so this means your wedding will be pushed ahead." He explained. Pushed ahead? How far? I am not ready for that.

"Yes, sir. I understand." He responded.

"I will see you in a couple of hours." I heard a shuffling and the door closed. I felt the bed shift so I am guessing Brandon sat down. Suddenly my eyes felt weightless unlike before and they fluttered open. I guess I was supposed to listen to that conversation.

"Hey...how are you feeling?" Brandon asked leaning down next to me.

"Fine." I sighed I felt the knots in my hair as I moved my head around. I felt dirty and disgusting and I scowled and he must have read my mind because he laughed.

"Why don't you go have a shower or something?" He asked. I nodded and got up slowly while wincing at the slight pain in my body and he watched me carefully while putting his hand out to help me.

I made it upstairs and I went into my closet grabbing fresh clothes and went into the bathroom. I ran a hot bath and slowly watched myself reveal long scars that were held behind my clothes. I shivered at the past memories and threw the clothes in a waste basket. I sank into the tub slowly wetting my hair and lying back as the steam unknotted every knot in my body.

As soon as the water began to get cold I got out drying my body. I put on my bra and panties and stopped looking into the mirror. A long pink scar was across my belly horizontal and vertical cuts lined my arms and legs. Two diagonal cuts were on both sides of my cheek. I sighed unhappily and began brushing out my hair, I put on my old surfing shorts and a loose shirt and socks. What I would give to go surfing right now...

I took my damp hair and put it up into a pony tail. When I walked out Brandon was sitting on my bed watching TV.

"So...I over heard a certain conversation." I said walking over to sit closer to the back of my bed.

"What conversation?" He asked.

"The one about moving the wedding forward."

"Oh...listen that will only happen if my parents receive a strong punishment."

"Either way if they get a punishment they will be taken from the throne and as Alpha's."

"Look I know it would be easier if we had more time but it's the council I have to listen to what they say. If anyone goes against the council they will be slaughtered on the spot."

"Wow there are a lot of rules to be a werewolf." I sighed looking away from his very pretty eyes.

"Trust me though it is the life you want to live. You never get sick, no more common colds, flu's...nothing, when you get injured you heal fast, more muscle, stronger senses, authority....more sex drive." He said whispering the last part in my ear.

"Easy big boy." I giggled while getting up and sitting in the desk chair farther away from him. He chuckled and shrugged laying back on my bed.

"So I guess your parents hate me, huh?" I asked.

"No. They're just scared. They can't handle being alpha's and King and Queen. They can't take care of us plus a whole race. So, they wanted to make things easier by doing what they did."

"No, they probably don't like me because I am not werewolf. I am some messed up freak who can see and talk to dead people."

"No, that's because you are a demon."

"Descendant. There is a difference you know." I said rolling my eyes.

Emma's POV:

"My sisters, come and help me protect my beloved daughter. Do what is right and save her from the Spurs. She needs to be brought to the kingdom and settle peace upon her land. She is the Queen, her land, she is the Queen, her land, she is the Queen, her land." I chanted. A calming yet tingly sensation built from my toes to the top of my head. Wind blew my clothes and hair around. The spell had worked.

"Well done, Emma." Carter my passed on husband said.

"Always had a specialty for the ancestors." I chuckled.

"How long do we have?"

"Forty eight hours before the Spurs take over the whole realm. How is the spell coming along?"

"It's not quite finished. You will be alive for about a month. I am not done perfecting it."

"How long will it take?"

"Years. But I have it down to a month so far."

"The month is fine, my darling." He said he was going to touch my cheek but his ghostly form caused his hand to go through my body.

"One day, Carter." I smiled.

"Well go get her and get going before something bad happens."

"Okay. I will see you after."

"Of course my dear." He smiled