Chapter 50

"OK, I need you and Emma down at the dress shop by four," Michelle ordered. "The twins will be with their and Jordan across town getting fitted for their tux's and I'll be out shopping for the kids." Emma and I nodded our heads and grabbed our bags. The twins are in the living room waiting on me to tell them goodbye. I walked down the stairs to see two sad identical twins.

"Why the sad faces?" I asked grabbing their hands. They both shrugged their shoulders.

"We're just going to be missing you and our babies all day." They said sadly. I laughed lightly, trying to cover the pain I'm feeling inside.

"You'll see me soon, I promise." I said kissing them each on the lips. They pulled me into a hug.

"Be careful." They breathed into my hair. "If anything happens, call us." I nodded my head and they released me. They turned to Emma. "Please take care of her, Em." They said with weak voices. Emma nodded her head.

"She'll be fine guys." She said with extreme confidence. Emma doesn't know everything about everything. Well she knows as much as Jordan know's but that isn't a lot. They're supposed to discuss their plan while they get fitted for their tux's. Good thing the owner is a vampire, a human would probably call the cops on them if they heard them talking about killing people.

Today is the day that my plan goes into effect. I've been waiting for this day since I stepped off the plane in Atlanta, I just hope it works. It has to work, an angel came up with the plan, it's not even that Emily-Rayne is an angel, it's the fact that she's my sister-in-law. She's family and I trust her- even if she is dead.

I kissed the twins and everyone left. I figured this would be a good time to get myself ready. "Hey Em?" I said. She looked up from a very playful and barking Evi. I need to make more time for my dog. I feel like I have completely ignored her the entire time. "I'm going to take a bath. Help yourself to anything in the house." She nodded her head and smiled.

"Happy soaking!" She said dramatically. Evi barked and wagged her tail at me. I rolled my eyes at them and headed back upstairs.

Emily-Rayne told me that it is important for me to take a bath and add rose petals and lavender in the water. She said that I need to cleanse my body; hence bathing, and cleanse my soul with song and prayer. She told me to light five white candles, three for me, and two for my parents. She said that once the ritual is complete, we will have God's protection.

They wont be able to seriously injure us but we can still receive damage. With this, the most they're going to be able to do is knock us out for a few minutes. I took a deep breath and prepared the bath exactly how she told me to. I can't afford to fuck this up, I have to do it perfectly. I took my time making the bath.

I plucked the petals off of a dozen roses and added them to warm water. When your pregnant, you can't take hot baths. Why? You'll boil your baby you idiot! You're body is already 98°F do the math! I added the lavender and lit the candles. The heat from the water is pulling the fragrance of the flowers into the air. It smells really relaxing. I stripped away my clothes and slid into the tub. I took my time washing each part of my body, I washed my hair last.

When I finished, I leaned back against the wall. I closed my eyes and said the prayer that Emily-Rayne made me memorize. I chanted to myself slowly and I felt something over come me. It feels like invincibility and it feels pretty good. It's not something I'd want to keep, especially with children like mine but I know its going to help soon.