Chapter 2: The Meeting

2. The Meeting

Cadence McKenna, the Holy Mother, and all around goody two shoes. She was currently at the high school known as Bethlehem High. It was late, nearly eight, but she had stayed after to study. “Bye.” Cadence said, to one of her friends, leaving her the last one in the library. Cadence flipped through her notebook, placing her hair behind her ear. She was about five foot three. Had blonde hair, and naturally looked innocent. This was the holy mother, with no innate ability. Just destined, in all her glory, to birth the next savior.

A noise was heard by Cadence, causing her to knock her books on the floor. “Damn it!” Cadence said, reaching down to pick her books up. When she went to reach for them, a voice was heard above her. “Need some assistance?” Spoken by an unknown figure, who startled Cadence. Looking up, Cadence noticed the fairly attractive man. But little did she know, she was talking to a mass murderer. Alcide bent down, picking her books up for her and placing them down on the counter. While doing so, he glanced over at her books. “Math, huh? Not really my greatest subject.” Alcide said, staring intently at her.

“You go to this school?” Cadence mumbled out, still unnerved by the man. Alcide’s face grew into a smile, and then a small chuckle. This for anybody should have signaled run. “No, you see. I’ve far outgrown school. And as much as I’d like to sit here and chit chat? I’m afraid I’m on a deadline.” Alcide spoke, moving closer to her. Cadence began backing up, now becoming visibly afraid. “Did Carla put you up to this?” Cadence blurted out nervously. “No, I don’t know any Carla. But I do know you. Holy Mother. You see, I’ve come a very long way. And it pains me to find out that you’re not even that tall. I’m supposed to kill you. Prevent you from... Ah, I talk too much.”

Alcide’s face would shift into its demonic visage, and he’d stop dead in his tracks. “I suggest you run, because I like it like that.” Alcide said, before Cadence ran off into the opposite direction, outside the doors. Alcide slowly followed after her, knowing he could subdue her at any time. “Help!” Cadence yelled out through the hallway, hoping to find someone still there who could assist her. “You’re all alone, McKenna.” Alcide spoke out in a very disturbing voice. Cadence turned into a classroom, shutting the door behind her. She walked away from the door and backed up until she was grasped. “Shh. Don’t shout, I’m here to help ya out, lass.” The man revealed himself to be Shaun Masters.

‘Take it easy there. I’ve had my share of vampers or two. And this Allyseeds ain’t no different.” Shaun said, cocking his gun back. Shaun stepped outside of the classroom, making his way down the hall. “Come out, come out wherever you are.” Shaun slowly moved through the hallway. But before you knew it, Alcide utilized that vampire speed. He reappeared behind Shaun, grabbing him by the shoulders and tossing him off to the side. Cadence watched as Shaun was thrown back past the classroom, and then decided it was time to go.

Cadence left the classroom, only to be met by Alcide, who grabbed her by the arms. “Scream for me!” Alcide growled out, before being punched in the past and sent flying across the room into some lockers. “What the hell? Nobody told me she was telekinetic.” Alcide barked out, slowly pushing himself up to a stand. But as it would turn out, it wasn’t McKenna at all. Instead, a man stood there with long curly hair. He stood about six feet, and looked like a tan white man. He favored the likeness of Oded Fehr, and had markings tattooed on his face.

“You shall not lay a finger on the Holy Mother. I swear it upon the one and almighty god.” The man shrouded in mystery brandished a sword, and wore a black robe. “What is this? Who are you?” Alcide questioned the man. “I am Nasir. I am the Protector. Sworn to keep the Holy Mother safe.” Alcide nodded, and would then move forward, pushing Nasir into the wall. “Okay, and I guess you’re also willing to lay your life on the line for her? Because I’m down with that.” Alcide spoke, grabbing Nasir, and sinking his teeth into his neck. But as he went to drain Nasir of his blood, he felt a tingling sensation. “Well, that’s not right.” Alcide spoke, letting Nasir go. Smoke had risen from his back, and his skin penetrated.