40~ Our Lives Are Made In These Small Hours...

IMPORTANT: A bit of an intro is needed for this upcoming chapter... in the first part of this long anticipated finale we will be going back in time to when all this began. We are going to the root of all their problems. The ending was a bit Cringe but I hope you enjoy it! 

 The ending was a bit Cringe but I hope you enjoy it! 

Haden's POV

 Year 10

I couldn't brush away the feeling that someone was staring at me; watching my every move as I sat in the lonely library staring into the pages of a book that had taken my interest. It was an uneasy feeling. As much as I wanted to ignore it couldn't. When I looked up my eyes met the curious gaze of the unsuspecting watcher. His radiant brown eyes locked onto mine. It was a new face; certainly hadn't seen him around before. His sandy coloured hair fell messily around his face, shaping the small soft frame he had. There was something about him that made it absolutely irresistible for me to look away. The way his eyes stared right at me was amusing and it boosted my ego. When he realized that I had caught him staring at me his face flushed and blood rushed to his cheeks. With wide eyes he quickly looked away. Something about him made me want to approach him, and that was exactly what I did.

Packing my things up I got up from where I was and sat directly opposite him. The intention was to say 'hello'. But I was lost for words and he didn't look up at me either. I wanted to know everything about him, who he was, his name; I wanted to be his friend.

For long I had kept this side of myself hidden. I did not see the point of coming out. Having the choice to come out was more than I could have asked for, and as long as I had the same feelings for girls as I did for boys I didn't have much to worry about. Being attracted to the same gender was difficult to deal with, and majority of those who I called friends were homophobic.

Watching the sandy haired boy made me want to tell people that I was attracted to men the same way I was attracted to women with the hopes that I had the slightest chance with him.

Before I could say anything though the bell rang and he left in a flash. As he walked out I saw him steal a glance in my direction. I smiled softly feeling like a fool for even thinking he would even be into guys.

As the day went on I found myself reliving that moment in the library with the boy. I was eager to see him again, at least once more.

That was when he walked into math; it was like my prayers had been answered. I had to hide the excitement that I felt rushing through me. My heart raced just at the sight of him. The feeling was unusual...extraordinary, nothing like I'd ever felt before. After a moment of hesitation he sat next to me and I knew that it was my chance to make conversation with him and so I did. My whole being felt alive.

I asked for his name; "Derek" he said in a shy whisper avoiding my gaze. I couldn't help by smile at him. He was the shy type.

The way our friendship developed was strange, he was shy but I could see him slowly coming out of his shell. I wanted to hug him... if it was even possible. There was feisty innocence to him that was very attractive.