Chapter Six

An extra long chapter for meh. Happeh chappeh? Sorry if it's not as good, I'll probably edit it later on again anyways if i don't like it.. 0_o

Voila!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The closing credits rolled on screen after the final beats of the soundtrack finished. We had just finished watching “The Lion King” and she was nearly asleep. With her head residing on my shoulder, her palm on the left side of her face for support and her breathing quiet and steady; she looked so innocent.

I glanced over at the clock on the microwave and rested my head on top of hers lightly. Doing so caused her to stir a little and a small groan of exhaustion escaped her lips. A stifled a laugh and swiftly stood, catching Amy’s head. I placed my arms under her legs and lifted her up gently. She snuggled into my chest and took in a deep, sharp breath.

I moved upstairs into my bedroom and laid her down on the worn out sheets. I stood there for a second, admiring her beauty. The dim lighting being ejected from my small lamp gave me little sight, but just enough to see her.

I rubbed the back of my neck as I lowered myself down on the bed next to her. There we lay, facing one another, our hands clasped together and the shallow lighting illuminating the eerie shadows that would appear on my pastel walls. Her steady, constant breaths sunk into me as I closed my eyes and shuffled in closer.

Perfection

*****

My breathing was shallow and raspy. The more I attempted to breathe in, the more painful the sheer pains in my chest would become. I placed a hand over my rapidly beating heart, trying to calm myself somehow. My face was flushed and my vision was becoming disoriented and hollow.

“Niall where are yo- Niall?!” I heard the faint shriek of Liam’s shrill voice fill the room. The cool linoleum kitchen floors cooled my otherwise burning skin and small beads of sweat dripped from my forehead. Two strong hands found their way around my torso as I was lifted into the air.

The steady thumping of Liam’s feet on the hardwood floors was the last thing I could hear before a dark shadow overcame me.

I woke again to the beeping of monitors and the desperate cries of people in a pale, white room. “Niall? Niall, can you hear me?” A deep, monotone voice inquired. He waved a hand in front of my pale face as I slipped into unconsciousness again.

~ ~

I was discharged from the hospital one or two days after Liam had found me. The doctors said I wasn’t eating enough and my body was beginning to give up on me. They also said that I was lucky Liam had found me, if not, I would have died.

He didn’t save my life though, he just prolonged it. I wanted to feel her touch so desperately. I wanted to hold her fragile body in my arms once more, I wanted to smell the strong vanilla scent that accompanied her wherever she went, but most of all; I wanted her by my side.

I sat on the edge of my bed, my eyes darting over to my guitar over and over. The memories of the rustic melodies flashed through my otherwise distracted mind and sent a shiver down my spine. I shook my head and resided it in my weak hands.

I let the air fill my lungs, then I collapsed back on my mattress, the springs squeaking slightly at the sudden jolt. I ran my hands over my eyes then up through my hair.

Niall? Nialler?

 I heard a faint voice call. It sounded like her. I pushed myself up slowly and rubbed my temples.

Niall?

It called again. My imagination was fooling around, it couldn’t be her. I shakily sighed a heavy, nonchalant breath and shut my eyes.

Niall, I’m here..

I shook my head as the tears started to fall freely from my hidden eyes. I whispered a small, “no..” and wiped away a stray droplet that was lingering just above my chin. I bit down on my lip, my teeth gently sinking into the soft flesh. A sob escaped my throat and I threw my head into my hands again.

Shh. Shh, Niall. It’s okay..

“No!” I cried as I lifted my head and slowly scanned the room. “No ..it’s not okay. I need you. I can’t live like this; your voice following me, memories haunting me everywhere I go. I just ..can’t.” I said in a softer tone, lowering my head again. “Where are you?” I inquired, another tear fell.

In here..

I felt a soft poke in my chest just above my heart. I grasped onto my shirt and pushed my head into my knees. “I know..” I whispered.

Then you don’t have to stay like this, trapped. Let go, Niall. I’ll always be with you ..Promise you.

Another loud sob filled the empty air. “I can’t..” I whimpered. “I can’t forget you..” I repeated.

I never said to forget me, Nialler.

A small smile appeared on my lips. The way she said “Nialler” just lifted my spirits ever so slightly.

Simply, move on..

I shook my head a little. Amy always referred to me as the stubborn one, and I knew why. But I couldn’t let her go, I wasn’t strong enough. I wouldn’t cope with the stress, the constant harassment, I wouldn’t cope without her.

The only thing that was keeping me alive was the thought of her. She was helping me in the smallest ways possible. “You know I can’t do that..” I said softly.

“Nialler?” A voice asked. My head shot up. Liam was standing in the doorway, an ice-pack in one hand. “Who were you talking to, buddy?” He questioned quietly as he strode over to my bed. I simply stated, “her” and he nodded sympathetically. “Here” he said, a hint of kindness in his tone as he passed me the ice-pack. I pressed the cool object up to my head and winced a little. “I’ll leave you to it.” Liam huffed as he stood he smiled at me. I forced a smile back as he walked out the door and closed it.

I sighed and leaned back onto my bed again.

Let go, Niall.

The voice returned. It kept talking to me, whispering indecipherable things into my ear as the minutes dragged by. You have to, Nialler. Release yourself from me, go live your life.  The voice repeated.

A throbbing pain in my head soon appeared and sent me into blackness.

Let go. Let go. Please..

The voice pleaded over and over as I fell into a quiet, peaceful slumber.

Let go..

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Kinda eerie, huh? MMMMHMM GUUURL.

Longer than usual rightio? You like long chapters or short, bite-sized ones?

I like short ones, because they're easier to write :)

BLAH. THAT'S ALL. :)

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde ♥

Please vote, fan, comment, eat a sock, I don't mind. 

-Chloe xx ♥

Oh, one last thing

- Personally, I wrote this fan fiction different to other because most of the ones I’ve seen are all like, “Oh! I won tickets to 1D’s concert and then a security guard gave a backstage passes so that me and my best friend could go meet them then Harry Styles falls in love with me!” or “Oooh! Me and Louis Tomlinson have been inseparable since we met but we’ve fallen for each other then he cheated on me but then we get back together and act as if nothing ever happened!” or maybe “I go to school with the five boys of 1D and they all ask me and my four other friends out and we’re all ladi da” or “Niall Horan found me in the rain and took me home with him. Then we talk once and then I go on tour with One Direction!” So yeah.. TOO BORING.

Done. ♥