Chapter 5

Lauren's POV

Arriving at school the next morning, I felt a million times better than I had done before. It just felt good to get that weight off my shoulders and being able to tell someone.

Walking up to my locker I felt someone poke me in the back and turned round to see who it was.

"Hello!" It was Annabelle, and it seemed she was in a pretty good mood too.

"Hey Annabelle, you alright?"

"Yes. Oh my gosh! I have so much to tell you!" She looked me in the eyes and I raised my eyebrows in curiosity. I am feeling pretty intrigued to see what has gotten her quite so excited...

"I have a date with this really gorgeous guy that I saw in Costa yesterday. I know, it's completely not me to just accept a date with someone I barely know, but he just seemed so nice!"

"Well, how did it happen? I need details." It was nice being able to talk about this sort of stuff with a girl friend, especially someone who was actually a really nice person and a genuine friend. Something that seems pretty rare these days...

"Umm, he might have spilled hot chocolate all over me, and then apologised, and then asked me on a date to make up for it...?" Nervous giggles suddenly escaped her mouth and her face contorted with worry. "Oh god. What if he's a psycho?! A murderer. What have I done? Lauren, tell me this was the right thing to d-" She cut off mid-sentence and stared at something over my left shoulder with a face full of different emotions.

I followed her gaze to a guy standing behind me and the reception desk.

"IT'S HIM!" She shout-whispered in my ear. "That's Costa Guy. I don't know his name by the way... He's just Costa Guy to me. Holy crap he's walking this way. Hide me!"

"Annabelle! Go say hi! He's obviously new here..." Clearly she won't got to talk to him by her own free will. Grabbing the front of her shirt, I shoved her in front of me, straight into Costa Guy. Ha. Now she can't ignore him. *insert evil smile here*

"Oh, hey... Girl-I-Spilled-Hot-Chocolate-Over?"

"Her name is Annabelle." I said, crossing my arms and giving him a look. That made me receive a glare from Annabelle.

"Well then, hey Annabelle, I'm Alex. And I am really sorry about yesterday, it was only my second day working there. I moved here from Australia a week ago. I'm still jet-lagged..."

Annabelle looked nervously at me so I gave her a nod of encouragement and carried on with the books in my locker. Still eavesdropping - of course.

"Can I... Can I look at your lesson timetable? I can show you where your classes are if you like." Oh god. She sounded so nervous. I'm gonna have to have a chat with that girl...

I was just turning around after sorting out all my books, all ready to make a snarky comment to Annabelle, but they had already wondered off, leaving me all on my lonesome. I guess I'll just have to go to lessons on my own then.

The rest of the day went by in a fairly average, boring way. Alex sat with us at lunch and told us all about himself. How he enjoys playing rugby and was on the swim team at his old school in Brisbane. Even I have to admit, he is pretty hot. Daniel is going to have some competition now I reckon.

"So I spoke to this Daniel guy earlier..." Speak-... Or thinking of the devil... "I think he's the rugby captain? Anyway, he said I could try out for the team after school today, which is awesome!" Alex mentioned on our way to class.

"Oh cool! Yeah, he is the captain." I said. I said it in an awkward tone. Why do I always have to sound so socially awkward? Alex looked at me in a funny way, then said he'd see us tomorrow and headed off to his own class.

Annabelle turned to me with a quizzical expression on her face and said, "What was that all about?"

"Oh, umm, I don't know. What do you mean?" Nice one, Lauren. You're so good at covering things up.

"Lauren... Do you not like Alex?"

Woooowwww... Where did that come from? She was totally off the base there!

"No! It's not like that! I think he's a great guy. It was something else... but it really doesn't matter now." I smiled reassuringly.

"Ok then, if you say so. I got worried for a second then! Oh, hey! I forget to say earlier, Alex told me that Daniel told him there was a party which is happening tonight and he asked me to come! Anyway, I said only if you could come too, I mean, no way am I going to my first party without you there! You'll come, right?"

I really wasn't in the mood, because I know most of the people who will be there and they don't even want to know me anymore, not that I care anyway. But she seemed so excited about it... I can't say no.

I sighed and looked at her with mock sadness, "I guess I'll have to come... I mean, it's not every day a girl has her first party!"

Annabelle squealed and gave me a hug repeatedly saying 'thank you!' And I just looked at her and shook my head, and we carried on to our last lesson of the day.

Who knows what will happen tonight...

:-:-: This was sort of a filler chapter, but I will try to upload again within a few days, I've got a week till my next exam so I should find time to squeeze a chapter or two in!
Hope you enjoyed this chapter, vote and comment if you did! :)

Jules xoxo :-:-: