Chapter 2

So, isn't Brad cute today?

I hate Geometry class.

Is that lettuce stuck between Lucy's teeth?

Dakota's such a freak. Why would Fred ever want her?

That date last night was horrible...

That new movie that came out is awesome!

When am I going to use this in real life?

This is actually pretty interesting...

The voices rang in my head clearer than a bell. The thoughts of my classmates haunted my mind. I knew too much, I have read one too many minds. I am numb to the world in a way Raven would never understand.

Fred understood.

He can do what I can. Kind of. If he told you your feet were on fire, you'd believe it in a heartbeat. I can go in your mind an make you believe anything without saying a word.

The bell rang, signaling the end of class. I grabbed her books and hurried out of there, desperate for time to think without the white noise confusing her thoughts.

She felt a hand slip into my free one.

"Hey Fred." I said dully.

"Rough day?" he asked.

"I think people are starting to think more, which is surprising, but it makes my life a whole lot harder." I replied.

"Come on, why don't we go out to dinner and you can complain about it then ok?" he asked.

"Alright. I need to rest my brain for a bit anyway." a slight smile grew on my face.

"See you at six then!" he answered cheerfully, giving me an awkward hug from the mountain of books I was carrying in one hand.

After I put all my books away in my locker and put them in my bag, I walked outside to see Logan driving his beat up Jeep Cherokee. Normally, I drove myself to Raven's, but when Logan pulled up, I knew it was serious. Logan was a freak like all of and Raven's and I's classmates. Logan could heal any wound that was given to him. He was also Raven's mate.

I hopped in shotgun, throwing my bag in the spacious backseat. 

We drove most of the way in silence. Sadly, it was an uncomfortable silence. I broke it when the awkwardness was almost unbearable.

"I've got a date with Fred tonight."

"That's good. How long have you been seeing him now?" Logan asked keeping his eyes on the road.

"Just a few weeks. He's not like other guys you know. He can make you believe anything by saying it. We cancel each other out. He can't make me believe anything, and he's the one mind I can't manipulate." I explained. "So where's Raven?"

"She's asleep at home. Today was just a little too much for her." he said. So it was one of those days.

After awhile, we pulled up in front of the house I shared with Raven. Then again, you couldn't call it a house, it was more like a mansion. Huge gardens lined the front, and colossal rooms formed together for a mansion in the middle of nowhere. It wasn't in town really, you had to drive 30 miles out of town to get there and it was located right next to the sea, creating a beautiful view. 

When we pulled into the garage, I went straight up to the room I used in Raven's mansion. I grabbed the first book on my shelf, plopped myself down in a chair, and read. Turns out the book was Lord of the Rings, so it was a good read. I enjoyed it very much. After an hour or so, I looked at the clock. 5:30. I got up, and dressed in nicer clothes for dinner, changing my ripped jeans to non-ripped jeans and my messy T-Shirt to a nicer one . Afterward, I went downstairs to the living room. The smell of fetucucci filled the room, emnating from the kitchen.

"Even though I'm not eating it, that alfredo does smell good Logan." I commented. 

"Thanks! I'm fixing if for Raven, she hasn't woken up just yet, but I think she will soon. She's been asleep for two hours now." he replied. "Is he picking you up here?" 

"Yes, he'll probably be here any minute." I said, planting myself down on the couch. After awhile, a car pulled into the driveway.

"Looks like he's here, see you later! Oh, and Logan, tell Raven her homework's in the red folder in my bag ok?" I asked.

"Will do." he said from the kitchen.

"Thanks!" I said, and rushed out the door to Fred waiting on our driveway.

"Where do you want to eat tonight?" he asked.

"I don't care, surprise me!" I said.

"Sure. Like anyone can ever surprise you." he joked.

"Good point. So, your thinking the Chinese restauraunt just down the street from your dad's bank?" I said. I could read his mind, but I couldn't plant false thoughts or change them completely like Icould everybody else.

"Yep." he said, driving away from Raven and I's seaside mansion.

He drove, and I rambled on, complaining about how people need to think less at that school. Although that wouldn't help, seeing as it's a school for the gifted. 

 Before I knew it, we pulled in front of the Chinese restauraunt.

As soon as we pulled up however, there was a bright flash some distance away, followed by a clash of thunder, making the sky into a waterfall.

I laughed and went outside despite the rain, and jumped in a huge puddle, not really concerned about my appearance. Fred got out and laughed at my childish behavior.

"Come on, let's get you inside before you get pnumonia." he said, taking my hand and leading me inside.

One of the waiters walked by as we went in, sopping wet with big grins on our faces. He snorted in contempt.

"Table for two please?" Fred asked.

"Right this way." a man said, and led them to a booth seat next to a window. We both grabbed a menu and began looking at what they were going to get, even though they both knew already.

Dinner went by quickly, we laughed, joked, chatted, and were almost normal for awhile. Fred and I both ordered lo mein and a side of rice to share. For me, it was a well-needed break. But not all things are ever perfect, because the one person I loathed, one of my many enemies walked in the door, and I knew who it was the moment he set his foot in the door.

"Brett." she growled under her breath.

Hey guys! Dakota here, I hope you like our new story as much as we do! It's going to switch POV's every chapter or so, Scarlette writing Raven's POV, and I writing Dakota's. (Of course) So, please tell us what you think!