Chapter 1-It's fate!

"I love you but--" He whispered.

"But what?" I replied, itching to know his answer.

Then I woke up.

This is the six hundredth and one time I dreamt of him.

And it's been freaking two years since that heart racing incident happened.

But I still can't get over it.

It's hopeless, I know.

I'm not so sure why I'm even hoping.

I did my daily morning routine and prepared myself in going to school to meet up with my best friend, Ella Whites.

I went down the dining hall and gave mom a peck on the cheek while saying my goodbyes.

"Good bye mom." I said, getting the brown paperbag filled with yummy things for lunch time prepared by my awesome mom from her hand.

"Take care, alright?" She replied smiling.

"Yup. Sure, say mom.. why do I smell peach cobbler?" I asked curiously, peeking in the oven.

"It's not for you honey, even if you like it so much." She chuckled.

"What's it for then?" I asked curiously.

"Oh, I quit my job." She smiled faintly.

"You what?! That's impossible! Don't you love your job?" I cried out.

A tear sprung down her cheeks and her face was filled with unspoken sadness.

"Yeah, you're right.. I do. I got fired.." She answered.

"W-Why?!" I shrieked.

My eyes were welling up with tears, only because I love my mom so much and I know how much her job means to her. Seeing her all hurt like that is making me hurt too.

My mom comforted me with her loving hand as she caressed my cheek and kissed me in the forehead.

She flashed me her biggest smile and said,

"That's not it-- I got fired because.."

"Because..?" I asked, my voice still husky.

"Because I got promoted!" She screeched, clapping her hands.

"No way!" I said rejoicing.

"Yeah. It's a different job though. I need to assist two trainees practicing their business and management skills. That's why Delicious Delicacies Inc. offered to help them. They're staying in our house for a little while before they go back to their country. We've got a spare room for the both of them anyway. Plus, I get paid just by assisting, showing them around and the works." She replied.

I almost choked on the toast I'm scarfing down and my face brightened.

"Really? That's so cool." I said.

I've always wanted to have a sibling, that's why I can be friends with the two people staying in our spare room and maybe doing stuff with them or hang out.

I'm getting really excited. :))

"So are they girls?" I asked.

"Hmm, I don't know yet. I'll be meeting them maybe tonight."

"Cool!" I replied smiling.

This is going to be good.

I gulped down the last drop of orange juice, food shouldn't be wasted since it's a blessing from God.