Chapter 5- What does camp hold for me?

Start from the beginning

“You might want to fix your hair.”

“Why, what's wrong with it?”

“It's a little messy.”

My hair was rolled up in a bun and rested on top of my head. I just rolled my eyes at her. Why bother. So I turned my attention to the notice board, reading the guidelines and programs, when I heard Aria's breath catch. I sighed, Alex must be here. I turned to her and saw absolute love and happiness on her face. My heart stung, I wanted to feel like that with someone. I followed her line of view and saw Alex, and then the boy with him. My breath caught. It was Nathaniel....

My mind just went blank. He was looking at me cautiously, like he was afraid of what I would do. Then his lips stretched into a weary smile. I smiled back, encouraging him to come forward. We were hypnotized by each other’s eyes, not able to look away. Shit. Now I wish I had listened to Aria and done something to my hair. OMG, she knew he was coming! She is so going to have nightmares in bed tonight. 

Suddenly Alex dropped his bags, startling me and drawing my attention to him. He walked in long purposeful strides and reached Aria. Alex looked into her eyes and smiled and then caught her in a long passionate kiss. Oh come on! What has it been? Like maybe just twenty hours or so since they saw each other.  Not to mention, they spoke to each other every ten minutes.

“GET A ROOM!” I shouted at them.

Nathaniel laughed. I turned to see him five feet away from me with bags all over him. Obviously he had taken Alex's bags too. He dropped them on the ground and looked at me and smiled.

“Hi..” 

“Hi..” I said, a little breathlessly.

“So I guess we're stuck here with these two for the next three weeks.” He looked pointedly at our best friends devouring each other next to us.

I rolled my eyes. “Yup. Mr. I LOVE YOU BABY!  and Mrs. I LOVE YOU TOO BABY!”

He chuckled at my lame attempt at a joke.

“Now or never” I thought to myself and told him, “Listen Nathaniel, I'm sorry about Monday. My mom... well, she's a little too protective. Don't pick up the call and she starts hallucinating, thinking that I'm kidnapped or worse! I'm actually still pretty shocked that she allowed me to come for this camp!” and then I added in a whisper, “I wish I had never taken that call.”

He smiled at me, “It's okay Clea.”

I liked the way my name sounded on his lips, I blushed.

Mr and Mrs. NO YOU KEEP THE PHONE had finally come up for air and they turned and smiled at us.

“Hey there, Clea” Alex said.

“Hi Nathaniel” Aria smiled sweetly at him.

Alex grinned and looked pointedly at Nathaniel and me. I groaned. If it wasn't enough that I had Aria, but I had her butt-headed boyfriend too to look out for.

I looked at Nathaniel shyly from underneath my lashes- he was looking mildly amused. My cheeks grew red when he looked at me and laughed. I turned my attention back to the couple next to us- they were hugging. Alex whispered something into Aria's ear and she was giggling like a little kid.

“Ahem” a young man tapped Alex on the shoulder.

Alex turned to the owner of the voice with a look of annoyance. His jaw fell in awe. I guess all of ours did. The guy... he was absolutely salivating worthy. He was tall, 6ft 6 I would guess at, with rippling muscles that his blue shirt showed off, and dark blue jeans that hung to his hips. His moss green eyes twinkled while they looked at Alex and Aria, and his full lips stretched into a killer smile. I almost fainted at the sight of it and I think Aria would have too if Alex hadn't had a firm hold on her hip.

“Look here, young man.” He said in a deliciously deep sexy voice, “I know puberty hits, and with the hormones running around all you want is to show 'displays of affection' to your lover and can't keep your hands off each other. But could you keep it down a bit or get a room. You're scaring the kids.”

I looked towards a small audience of eight year olds that I hadn't noticed before, gawking at Alex and Aria. I stifled back a laugh.

 Nathaniel turned to me and whispered, “Man, I like this guy” and I nodded my head in agreement.

“Will do sir,” Alex said darkly.

“Of course,” Aria giggled and told him, twirling a loose strand of her hair around her finger. Wow, this girl's got guts. Flirting with a guy with her boyfriend next to her. 

Shame on you, I mentally sent her a message and she must have got it from seeing my face, ‘cause she looked down and blushed.

The guy grinned at them and turned to look at us. When he looked at me, his grin faded and he just stared at me, locking me in the intensity of his gaze. He came forward and took my hand.

“Hi,” he said, a little breathlessly, “What's your name?”

“Clea,” I replied shyly, noticing how he didn't let go my hand. His hand was so warm, its heat travelled to my face and I blushed.

“Clea...” He whispered, “What a beautiful name.”

“And you are?” Nathaniel asked sharply, looking at our joined hands.

 I quickly pulled my hand away, holding it to my chest with my other hand cupping it. My inner voice screamed at me and I felt like I had betrayed Nathaniel in some way.

He looked lost without my hand and quickly recovered and smiled at me and said, “Adrian. My name's Adrian. Nice to meet you.” He looked at me when he said this, ignoring everyone else. I felt my blush turn a deeper colour. 

“Adrian!” Someone called out for him and he turned to the source, “We need you over here.”

He waved and indicated that he was coming and then turned to me, “Sorry, I have to go. I'll be back,” he said making it sound like a promise and then he left.

I turned to look at Aria and Alex looking at me in disbelief and Nathaniel stared after Adrian, his face a mixture of rage and pain. My heart hurt. My mind was confused. What just happened here? Wow, rewind! Did a guy just hit on me? Especially someone as hot as Adrian and did Nathaniel just get jealous? I grinned to myself. Maybe this camp wasn't so bad after all.

                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                               Nathaniel  

That bastard! How dare he flirt with my girl! Sure, he's hotter and cooler and taller and fitter and woos all the girls..... Hmmm... This isn't getting me anywhere. But!!!! I'm her guy! Well, at least, that's what I think I am. WTF is wrong with me! I have never felt so insecure before.

I felt someone’s gaze on me and I looked up to see Alex looking at me amusedly.

“What?” I mouthed to him. 

“You’ve got a love rival,” Alex whispered back with a grin.

I scowled at him and shook my head. Alex lifted an eyebrow and looked pointedly to my side. I turned to look at Clea, she was smiling. I softened at the sight of her smile and then grew hard again. Was she smiling because of him? No way! What could I do! 

My inner voice spoke to me, “You can start by exercising and eating less.” 

“Oh shut up!” I shouted back at it.

 “Or you could get rid of him.” it told me. 

Hmmm... now that sounded like a plan. 

--------------------------- -.- -------------------------------------

So how was it?

Did you laugh, shake your head in disgust or just go breathless?

Whatever it was, I hope it left you wanting for more!!

VOTE/ COMMENT/ FAN

Anything your heart desires. 

Thank you for reading!