Chapter 26 Ryder's POV

Ryder's POV

I crashed into my bed. 

I sent her away.

After everything that I went through to get her not to hate me, I sent her away.

I had a good reason. I mean she was going to kill not only me, but my whole pack, but I couldn’t help but be mad at myself. I should have thrown her into one of the cells in the basement or something. At least then I could see her every day.

What confuses me is that she fought on our side. She killed her own pack. 

Does that make her even more of a heartless murderer, or is that proof that she abandoned her plan to kill Blood Moon? 

Damn, girls are confusing. 

There was a knock at the door. 

“Yeah.” I yelled at the door. 

Jay walked inside. “Hey man, how are you holding up?” 

He was worried about me.

He had a good reason to considering what I went through the first time and our bond wasn’t nearly as strong as it is now.

“I’m not.” I moaned into my pillow.

“I still can’t believe she’s a rouge. A group of rouges killed my father. A group. We thought it was weird then, but now that we know that there’s actually a pack of them, do you think it was her pack? Do you think she was there when they killed him?”

Jay was on the verge of crying. 

“I honestly don’t know what to think. I want to be mad at her. I want to hate her, yet my wolf is in love with her. That’s not going to change. She’s my mate. If she’s not sane, I’ll have to accept that. I know that I can’t live without her.”

“Don’t talk like that.” Jay said automatically. “She would feel it if you offed yourself. That pain is ten times worse than a rejection.”

“I know that!” I growled at my best friend. “Why the hell do you think I’m still breathing?”

“It’s not just you who’s upset about Mikky. My mother, your sister, me, we’re all hurting. Stop being so selfish and man up.”

I rolled my eyes at him. He wouldn’t understand. He doesn’t have a mate. 

I grabbed my Wii remote. 

It may sound pathetic, but I plan to watch Supernatural because it reminds me of my Mika. 

I turned on the television, and Good Morning America was on.

I was about to fix the input onto the Wii, when I saw someone who looked like my mate on TV. It was all pixelly because it was showing security footage, but it looks just like her!

Mystery Woman in Southern Wisconsin Gets Kidnapped, Escapes, and Fights Her Attacker All On Tape!

I turned the volume up even though I could hear it fine.

“Here you see this poor girl’s unconscious body being carried into the room by two men at the Montgomery Hotel. The question is how did no one see them? Why weren’t they stopped there and then. They stay in that room for over 24 hours.”

That was Mika. I know it is. That Jason guy and another man was carrying my mates limp body into a hotel room. What happened in those 24 hours? I can’t even think about that.

“One of the kidnappers left for only 15 minutes. He made some calls in the Lobby. Police lip readers are trying to piece together what was being said. Miraculously, in that small time frame, the girl escaped from the hotel room. She ran down halls, going in circles until she came across a stairway.”