38) Big Girls Don't Cry

Start from the beginning

"If...If we go through with this, you will be happy?" He clarified.

Without meeting his gaze I nodded, "Yes"

He sighed, and walked over to me. I wanted to desperately disappear as he held my face in his hands. Tears that I had not shed, threatened to make their trail down my face as I looked up at him.

"I love you Cas, and I always will...But if this will make you happy, if not being with me will make you smile again...I'll do it willingly." He whispered, peppermint breath brushed across my face, and my knees suddenly felt weak.

I tried my best to smile up at him, but it was hard; it was hard to smile while his face looked so regrettable. He dropped my face from his hands and walked back to his desk, picking up a few of the papers that were thrown around. "This...divorce is going to take a while though, I'm still working, and I've got some more projects lined up and-"

"I understand it will, I know it's going to be ugly and-"

"No," He looked up at me as his fingers left the papers, "I'll make sure that this goes as smoothly as possible alright? We both don't want it to get ugly so it won't get ugly."

I nodded, not exactly knowing what to say. "I'm going to go and stay with Clay for awhile..." I whispered.

"Well I'm moving back in with Dan, for the time being." He told me while continuing to organize the papers that scattered his desk. I took this time to look around the office, noticing that there were boxes already half packed.

"No. I mean you don't have to, you can stay here" I rushed out, my eyes jumping from one filled cardboard box to the next.

He smiled at me lightly, "I want to. I haven't spent time with Dan in awhile, and I'm leaving soon so its fine."

"But-" I started but he just shook his head.

"I miss the old place anyway" He explained shrugging his shoulders.

I bit the inside of my lip and looked down at the floor, cradling my head in my hand.

"I thought it would be better if we told Lily sooner rather than later" His voice was incredibly smooth, for how spazzy I felt in this situation.

I shook my head, "I can tell her. This is my doing, so I'll be the bad guy."

He sadly chuckled, "No, this is as much my fault, if not more, than yours. Plus I've been buttering her up all day; we can tell her together."

I sighed and nodded, "Sure..."

I sighed and pushed the covers off of my legs and swung them around the edge of the bed, resting my bare feet on the cool wood. I shook my head as I walked out into the hallway and eventually into Lily's room.