My New Life (Chapter 2)

I thought it was confusing so I changed it :)

                                                            ~K.J.M

***************************************************************************************************************

It’s been a whole week; my mom really put my up for adoption. All of my friends here come and go. No one wanted me yet. I was laying in my bunk, when my D.S.S worker came to talk to me. I still remember the look on my mom face, smiling like I was nothing to her. 

"Hello Karen, how was your day so far?"

"Hello Mrs.Melo, it sucks, how was yours?" I look up at the wall, not looking her in the eyes.

"Well I have some good news." I jump up out of my bed hoping she was going to say someone wanted me. 

"Well go on!" she laughs but I didn’t think it was funny

"Why don’t I take you out for ice cream first?" I crossed my arms and sighed. I got up and got dressed. After I got dressed she told the person at the front desk. We walked; we had small talk about what I wanted to be when I was older, and what I do when I mad. We got to the ice cream place. “What would you like Karen?”

“Can I have cookie dough please and thank you!” Mrs.Melo got chocolate, she paid and we ate. After we finished eating, we sat in silence. “So what did you have to tell me Mrs.Melo?

“Well there was this nice lady who came yesterday, while you were eating. And she wanted to adopt a girl who was already a teenager, and I showed her you. You were singing to the little children. She is coming back today to sign the papers to adopt you or someone else, but she fell in love with you she thinks you will be perfect.” She said as she smiles.

 “She thinks I’m perfect. If I’m so perfect then why does everyone else hate me?” I started to cry. “Maybe she will take me if I’m perfect. Thank you I hope she will take me.” We walked back; I had the biggest smile on my face. I sat in my bunk thinking of what kind of life I can have with this person. I slowly fell asleep.

I woke up from my friend Maria. She is short with long black hair and freckles, her eyes are super brown and cute. Maria and I love one direction. She knows more about them than I do; I only like them a little bit. (That a lie I love them A LOT just sayingJ) “Why are you screaming?” I say being annoyed I just woke her by her.

“OH-MY-GOD! I just got adopted!!! And oh a lady just adopted you too. We both just got adopted by different people. AHHHHHHHH!” I and she start to jump up and down.

“Wait what lady adopted me? And why haven’t I heard about this yet?” I stopped jumping.

“Oh because I overheard the lady and she is signing papers now, so you will in like 2 minutes.” We started jumping again. Just then the door opened and we stopped jumping like we didn’t know anything.

“Karen can I talk to you for a second?” Mrs.Melo asked

I tried to act normal. “Sure.” I wanted to scream inside.

“Well, Mrs.Malik is going to adopt you. She had to leave, so pack up your stuff tomorrow morning a car will pick up and bring you there.

I never packed so fast, I went to bed early dreaming of my new life!