'to sleep'

Sing me to sleep.

Sing me to sleep.

I don't want to wake up on my own anymore.

Sing to me.

-The Smiths 

"Where are you going?" Dawson asked standing from his desk-chair as Cole came out of his bathroom, fully dressed and ready to go out at twelve-thirty am on a school night. He wore a tight black shirt and skinny jeans that hugged his legs. He was even tinier then, at fifteen. His hair was a little longer and fell over his eyes messily.

"Out. I'll see you tomorrow in class." his demeanor was cold and bleak, but he grabbed his bag and headed for Dawson's door. 

"You can't leave," Dawson moved between Cole and the door, crossing his arms and widening his stance. He was beginning to fill out - bypassing Cole in width and height. Cole couldn't push past him if he tried. "You're mom thinks you're staying here, and so does mine." It was a lame excuse and they both knew it. 

"I don't care what my mom thinks. Get outta the way." Cole scowled.

"Where are you going?" Dawson made his voice deeper - the change in it had happened nearly a year ago, but it still gave Cole the shivers every-time he used in on him. Cole's phone buzzed in his pocket and he reached for it, but before he could answer Dawson swiped it from his hands. He stared at the screen quizzically before hanging it up and stuffing it in his own pocket. "Why is Keith Gram calling you?" Dawson shifted on his feet, a lump of hot anger rising up his gut to his chest. "Are you meeting him?" 

"It's none of your business." Cole snapped. 

Dawson gave a sharpened unamused laugh, "The hell it is. Why are you meeting him this late?" 

Cole's eyes turned bitter and his face twisted cruelly. "'Cause he wanted me to. Because he wants to fuck me." 

Dawson blinked rapidly, his mouth gaping, "He's a senior. Are you out of your mind?" the anger was back - full-throttle. He pushed Cole back further into the room roughly - not in-control of his strength yet. Cole stumbled but stayed upright. "You're not going to go out and have sex."

Cole glowered hatefully and pushed back - like hitting a brick wall with a plastic bat. "You've had sex!" A few months ago with the neighbors sisters daughter who was visiting from Georgia. She'd been pretty and charming and older - ready to do whatever with whoever. 

"That's different." Dawson stated lowering his voice - his parents were sleeping downstairs and his brother was only down the hall. 

"How is it different?" Cole was seething now. He'd dropped his bag and his hands were balled into fists at his side. "Because she was a girl? I don't like girls Dawson. I want a boy." He sounded pitiful as he voiced the words they'd both suspected for a while now. 

Dawson was undeterred, staring down at the other with a hard expression. 

"I can have sex with whoever I want Dawson. You can't stop me."

"And you think Keith can give you what you want? You're barely five foot and skinny and not even half his size. You think he wants fuck someone like that. He's practically full-grown." Dawson's anger was turning into spite - a method of controlling it so it didn't turn into violence. 

Dawson watched as Cole's eyes glossed over, but the smaller boy still had a derisive simper across his mouth. "I know he does. Everyday, while you're at your stupid football practice - he waits with me. He touches me and he loves it. He says I'm sexy." Cole gulped as Dawson's chest heaved and his fists jerked forward. "Now he wants to have sex with me - and I'm gonna let him." he rushed out the last sentence and reached for his bag again, but Dawson pitched forward and wrapped his hands around both Cole's upper-arms, pushing him against the wall - his snarling face inches away.