(19) Am I yours?

Chapter 19- Am I yours?

Waking up was extremely easy today, only because I had smiled the morning away...and the afternoon.

"What's gotten you all happy?" Matt grumbled as we made our way down the school corridors.

"Only because you've just failed a science test doesn't mean I also have to be grumpy too," I smiled in his direction. He rolled his eyes but smiled nonetheless.

"Don't remind me," he laid a hand to his cheek. "It's not like I care anyway," he stated.

Matt had chosen his lifestyle and ever since he was a kid he had wanted to be involved with fashion. It definitely does sound stereotypical, but it was a lifestyle that fitted Matt perfectly, and it suited him. Matt had always been good with fashion, more so than most girls I know.

"We can't be good at everything, Matt," I explained as we stopped at my locker. I opened it, grabbed a few books and shut it back again.

"You're right," he sighed. "Enough of me, how are you and the hottie?" his eyes began twinkling, and I knew he was engaged.

"There's nothing to say," I lied. He scoffed in reply.

"Tell your best friend, don't be shy," I sighed.

"We're good, infact we're more than good. I think getting to know him has somehow created feelings I shouldn't be having towards him," I stated as we made our way to a classroom. We sat down in the free chairs.

"Really?" He looked astonished. "You've never had feelings for anyone, not even that extremely hot guy who moved back to Spain a year ago," he played. I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up," I laughed. "He's like a drug, I'm just so addicted to him, I can't get enough of him, it's crazy and I can't explain it," I let out.

"Love," Matt replied straight away. I stopped what I was doing (which wasn't a lot) and took a quick look at him.

"What?"

"Love, it's love," I scoffed in reply.

"I don't believe in that crap, I mean, yes I've got feelings for Kyle, but I don't love him, I'm not in love with him," I explained. But even saying that I had a feeling that wasn't necessarily true.

I had never believed in love, not after my parents. They never loved eachother so much it hurts, I think my mother was with my father for mine and Tammy's sake, so we can grow up with a stable family. Love wasn't in our family so much, and I think it had resulted in a less stable family.

"That's bull crap, Cali and you know it,"

"I don't believe in love, Matt. I'm not in love with Kyle. The feelings I have towards him are extremely strong, and I'm attracted to him more than I have ever been with anyone, but this isn't love,"

"Okay, okay," he said as he held his hands up, as if he was held at gun point. "But I have a very serious question to ask,"

"Oh?"

"Have you kissed yet?" He smirked slightly as I looked down at the table, my cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

"Yes," I whispered.

"Yes? Was that a yes?" His voice sounded playful.

"I did," I replied. And I loved every second of it.

"Wow, you really do have feelings for him don't you?"

"Of course I do, I can't seem to stop them," I can't stop thinking about him, I can hear him etched in to my brain when I fall asleep at night, I can see him behind my eyes. He's always there and I can't let him go.