What He Wasn't Supposed To Know.

chapter 9

He was really pushing them away- the ominous  notes, the threatening emails. 

He was absolutely hiding them, stashing them in drawers no one went into ,letting the strips of paper mingle with receipts , stuffing them in piles of paper waste for his recycling bin out front.

He was also driving himself insane!

Why couldn't he just tell the boy their relationship  was in danger?

This A person ,this person just wouldn't leave him and his precious baby  alone.

Why?

Alistair's mind raced as he drove to school, almost 30 miles over the speed limit.

At least he got there fast.

Micha waltzed five minutes before the period started into Mr. Sanders class.  The man was in deep thought ,sitting there on his stool , his head in his hand ,his elbow resting on his knee  and his gaze distant.

Micha crept in, shutting the door closed softly behind him.

He walked up to Mr. Sanders  and wrapped his arms around the man's torso ,raising himself on his toes to reach his lips to the exposed skin above his pristine white collar, just below the end of his hairline. 

Alistair jumped, Micha rounded him to see his face .

"What's with you? You're all awkward and jumpy "

Ali flashed him a look of mock disbelief." There's nothing with me. I'm fine." 

"What are you hiding from me, Mr. Sanders? "

Alistair didn't say anything, Micha narrowed his eyes.

"Right." And he went to his seat all the way in the back. 

Blake took his seat next to Micha, they started small  talk, or as close to it as they could get since there wasn't really a conversation ,then class began.

"You're doing it again."

"Doing what? "

"Not fucking me."

"I - " his Daddy groaned and face palms himself, after a long sigh he sat up straight ,"put on some clothes , Micha."

"I have on clothes. "

"You have on underwear."

"That's a lot."

"Then go do your homework."

  "No." With that, Micha went around throwing papers and pens out the drawers in the room.

Alistair couldn't bring himself to care, so he continued on with the class work he bought home from school, entering grades for students.  He just monitored the boy, making sure he didn't hurt himself.

Since he always seems to hurt himself.

He ripped up everything he could reach and when he got to the point where he couldn't reach anything anymore, he went back to the stuff he threw on the floor and tossed up in the air as if he were playing with snow .

He giggled softly, Alistair looked at him- his shapely body ,his wild cocoa hair, every precious  strand stuck in their own groups and  clumps ,giving the boy gentle spikes.  Micha smiled ,his cheeks a light red. 

He picked up a yellowing receipt and tore it up, he threw it at Alistair ,well, mostly around him.

Alistair jumped up.

"What is this? "He erupted.

Then there was a growl and thump because the boy let himself go and lay out on the floor.

"What is this? "He read the note again, Alistair attempted to snatch if from him and pick him up. 

"No! "Micha pushed off the floor, "no... don't fucking touch me! What is  this!" He demanded, he shoved the paper in Alistair's face.

"Why would you keep this from me? !" He grabbed the man's lapels and with all his might ,jerked him.

"Tell me! What is this? "

The man  sputtered.

Micha pushed him." Are there more? "

He wordlessly nodded.

"Let me see them, Alistair. I want to see every fucking thing you've been keeping from me. "

Alistair still didn't know what to say to Micha. He constantly reached for him ,though he had his back to him and then he vanished, he wasn't even there. But after all the tries to even touch him ,his hand just dropped.

It felt dead.

He felt dead.

Nervously, frantically, Alistair wiped at his face.

He wished he could go  back in time and stop this... this whole whatever it is.

What could he do to fix it now,  though ?

Micha held the paper close to his heart.

Its fake. 

This can't be real.

It won't happen. 

That's all he needed to hear. Those sweet nothings would be great right now. 

Micha swallowed something and picked up his phone .

He answered on the second ring.

Micha breathed into the receiver.

"You won't leave me, right? "

It poked a hole in Alistair's heart that he had to  ask.  "No, I won't leave you."

"Would you promise me that?"

"Yes. "

"Say it." Micha murmured,  his breath seemed to be quickening. 

"I won't ever leave you, Micha. I can't. "

On the other end there were quite  sobs , soft sniffles and Alistair heard a rustling , his face contorted in pain.

"Don't cry, Baby, don't cry. "

His frown deepened. "I can't stand to hear you cry."

But the boy continued on as Alistair listened.  The man decided to break the silence.

"Where are you? "

Micha chuckled tearfully . "How do you know if I'm here or not? "

Alistair smiled ." I know you wouldn't  leave without your shoes and socks. Especially not when you're angry at me  and your favorite mustache socks and All Converse or whatever the hell they are are here ."

Micha giggles. "They're All Stars but the brand is Converse. At least I think that's how that goes? " he took a breath and waited a beat. "I'm under the kitchen sink."

Alistair started toward the kitchen, his feet and mind had different ideas.

Finally in the kitchen, he heard his baby's voice -his candied, liquid  saccharine dripping , heavenly , demonic, chime of a bell voice . It was close ,so close yet so far. 

He opened the cabinet under the sink and found him there, his arms wrapped around his legs and his head between them.

His eyes were big and circular, rimmed in red, still holding their  gorgeous grey splendor.

His lips pursed then he parted them.

Alistair held out his hand, rejoicing that he got his princess back.

Micha stripped quickly, sick of the feeling of fabric on his skin and entrapped him with his limbs. They hugged a minute, Micha pulled back and lowered himself to the ground. He took a step back to look at Alistair then smacked the grown man so hard his head swerved ninety degrees. 

"You're so fucking stupid, Daddy. I love you so much because of it ,too."