Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Max

So, apparently they did still give suckers. But the catch is you have to cry really hard in order to receive one. Either that or you have to pass out. I sucked the lollipop and winced as I slowly walked out the doors and towards the waiting car.

Jason was listening to music and tapping the steering wheel.

My balls were sad.

Really that was all there was too it. I could sugar coat it and say I was man enough to survive, but swear to all that is holy, I would never be the same. I’d probably shriek every time I saw an old man with large hands.

It took ONE experience to classically condition me to hate grandparents everywhere.

“So,” Jason cleared his throat, “Sorry for running out on you and all that.”

“He touched me,” I whispered.

“I know man…” Jason coughed, “I just, I panicked. And, even though I want to put you through hell for all that wedding stuff that happened, no man should have to…”

“—He yelled at me.”

“Max—“

“—I said, I said…” I started rocking back and forth. “I said I wanted to go home. No Max! No Home for you! You don’t get to go home!” My teeth clanked together as I started sweating. “And at night. When I go to sleep. I’ll see those hands, Jason. I’ll see both of them.”

Jason cleared his throat. “I uh, I sort of got something for you.”

“You did?” I blinked away the fear and watched as Jason handed me a paper bag.

Curious, I opened it open and smirked. A six pack of beer and chocolate.

“The uh…” Jason scratched his head. “The chocolate has a flower on it, you know kind of like…special chocolate.”

My eyes welled with tears. “You did this for me?”

Jason nodded and patted my back. “He didn’t even ask for your middle name before doing—what he did. What type of doctor does that?”

“A monster.” I started unwrapping my special chocolate.

“Yeah well.” Jason put the car in drive. “We’ll get you drunk enough that you won’t remember.”

“God, let’s hope so.” I polished off the chocolate and cracked open a can of beer.

“Dude!” Jason smacked me. “No open containers.”

I stared at him. And downed the whole thing. Then opened a second. “You were saying officer?”

“You know I can arrest you right?”

“Do it. I’ll just tell everyone you went with me to a prostate exam—and liked it!”

“You wouldn’t!”

“You know that bus—the one that keeps running me over? I’d chain myself to you, no hesitation. So you should really think through all your choices, Jason. Revenge is a bitch.”

He pulled up to Colt and Milo’s house. “Believe me, I know.”

“Hey!” I pointed to all the cars parked in the driveway. “Are we having a party?”

“Yup!”

Smiling, I grabbed the rest of my beer and waltzed through the front door.

“Congratulations!” Milo started jumping up and down then threw her arms around my neck. Panicking, I pushed her away.