Chapter 4

The cop waved his gun indicating that I still needed to move away but I couldn’t move my feet were planted to the floor. The gun was the same as the one dad always carried with him, I couldn't move. The cop lowered his gun and I saw Ander tense. He turned and ran. The cop aimed and shot once, twice, three times and Ander fell. All I can hear is an ear piercing scream then I realise that’s me.

 Ander is lying on the floor dead still, but the weird thing is the cop turned and went back to his car got in and drove away, meanwhile I'm standing here like a dummy watching his car drive of into the distance. As soon as the car blinks out of view I return to myself, turn and run to Anders side. He is on his stomach. As I gently role him over he grunts in pain. “Shit there is so much blood” I mentally hit myself for swearing. I try and pull his shirt over his head but he winces in pain. So instead I grab my pocket knife (mum insists I carry it everywhere) and cut his shirt down the middle and instantly breathe a sigh of relief the bullet when thought his shoulder (yes to the first aid class I took). I take out my phone and call for an ambulance.

Once at the hospital I am not allowed in his room cause it is only family and I have been here for an hour. Finally someone comes up to me “were you with Ander Kiler when the attack happened” the man says. He is wearing a white coat and jeans “yes” I slightly squeak out. “Come with me”. I get up and follow him though the winding corridors until he comes to a stop in front of a door the same colour as all the others. Turns and opens the door and strides in proudly, I follow. As I walk in I see Ander lying on the bed I can see his eyes moving under his eyelids as he sleeps peacefully. The doctor as I have concluded that is what he is, turns and looks at me “you can stay with him for as long as you like. I am sorry we didn’t let you in earlier but I didn’t know who he was”. At that he turns and leaves shutting the door behind him. As I turn and look at Ander his eyes are slightly open “hey” I say as I sit.

Anders Pov

I stiffen as the so called cop lowers his gun his eyes leave me and go to Alex. I turn and run how he found me again. As I run I here two shots go off and then I hear the third I always get told that it feels like time slows down and I have never believed them and now I do. Suddenly all I can’t feel is pain and then blackness.

I can feel the consciousness returning to myself and I am looking up to I white ceiling. I turn my head so I can see who is talking. It’s Alex and a random guy I am guessing is a doctor I can’t make what they are saying because my ears are ringing but it is slowly getting better it seems that the doctor has finished talking cause when I look again he is gone and Alex is looking at me.