38 - The Truth . . . At All Costs . . . And Getting Caught At It

Okay, this is sort of a filler but it's . . well, reallly needed hehe, you'll understand why and i think this should be good so i hope you guys like it :P

Over the next few days, Tsuki all but forgot about the presence she had felt. She busied herself with her training and helping Sasuke out  which pushed everything else to the side. They also hadn’t had time to celebrate Sasuke’s birthday what with everything going on but Tsuki spent about three hours in the weapons shop picking out his new arsenal for him, including kunai that could hold a vial of poison, and some special shuriken that sliced through steel.

One evening after dinner, Sasuke was helping with the dishes when something came to mind.

“You and Kiba aren’t talking,” he said casually, but watched her halt in picking up a dish from the corner of his eye.

“Not so much,” Tsuki agreed.

“What did the mutt do now?”

“Nothing, I . . . I broke up with him.”

Tsuki watched Sasuke’s eyes widen as she handed him the last plate to dry, but her shoulder twinged and she grasped the Ten no Juin with a hiss.

“You okay?” Sasuke asked, eyeing her hand.

“Mm,” she nodded with a grimace, “Just like old times I guess.”

“. . . Are you really planning on leaving?”

“Nani?”

Tsuki watched Sasuke put the last dish away and lean against the counter, drying his hands.

“You said you would go home.”

“Hai . . . I’ll go home, to visit but not to stay,” Tsuki corrected, grabbing a bottle of juice as she made her way into the living room, dropping onto the couch, Sasuke followed. “My place is here, with you, like I promised. I’ll never leave you Sasuke, remember?”

“You sound like my wife.”

“Urusse na,” Tsuki whined, throwing a pillow at him as she blushed.

She peered through her fingers which were covering her face when she heard him laugh though, it had been a long time since she’d heard him laugh properly.

“There’s still something you’ve never told me,” he said, “And I think you know what I mean.”

“Not a clue,” Tsuki said quickly, getting to her feet, “I’m going for a bath, I’m all sweaty from training.”

“Tsuki,” Sasuke said firmly, getting to his feet.

“Gotta go!” she squealed, rushing upstairs and locking the bathroom door.

Sighing, she rested her head on the tiles for a moment, before starting her bath and getting undressed. She pulled her hair up into a bun and pinned her fringe back before turning off the taps and sinking into the hot water. It had been a while since she’d actually thought about the kisses she’d given to Sasuke, not that she really wanted to after all.

Ah but don’t you want to know if he feels the same, Tsuki-chan?Jūbi snickered.

‘Hush, Jūbi, I don’t wanna think about it,’ she whined at him in her head.

‘But you loooooooooove him, you want to huuuuug him, you want to tooouuuuch him, you want to kiiiiiiiss him, you want to . . . dear god I’m as insane as you.’ she could imagine him hanging his head in shame.