Chapter 1: Goodbye

Chapter 1: Goodbye

Welcome to the first chapter

BTW: There is going to be the occasional swear word in this book, so this is just a warning.

----------

"Yes!"

"Shut up."

"Fuck yeah!"

"I'm going to kill you when I get out of here," I say and shove my best friend Carter in the arm with all of my strength. He falls from the spot he previously situated next to me and lands on the floor with a hard thump.

Serves him right for beating me in Tic Tac Toe again!

"I hate you, Stella," he says, while rubbing his head as he gets up off the white tiled floor. He dust away imaginary dirt from his shoulder and squeezes back into the tiny hospital bed with me.

"Then get off my bed you idiot," I say while switching the channel on the tiny TV in the corner of the hospital room.

"No can do pipsqueak, I'll learn to love you again," he says, while grabbing the remote from my hand in one swift motion. He flips from my favorite show and puts it on his guy show, which consists of girls fighting in bikinis.

What the actual fuck?

"Give it back, it was getting to the good part!" I shout and reach for the remote which he easily moves out of my grasp.

"I can't take anymore Stevan and Damon, that show is horrible," he moves the remote even more out of my grasp.

"It's Stefan for your information, and The Vampire Diaries is a great show, so switch it back you god damn horny sex craved...um-" My mind draws blanks in my need of a good insult, so instead I try and grab the remote again.

"Craved...um-" the annoying boy mocks and pokes me in the side where most of the burns from the other night are.

Suddenly, I come up with an idea and I go with it.

"Ouch," I hiss in pain and clutch my side where Carter poked me. I close my eyes and will tears to form under my lids.

Truthfully, I feel no pain on my burns at the moment just a sting, they have me hooked to so many drugs, that to feel pain would be a miracle.

"Stells?" Carter calls me by the nickname he has always used and puts his hand over mine on my stomach. I can tell by the way his voice has dropped he is concerned.

It's working!

"Stells are you okay?" I open my eyes to look into his worried brown ones. I feel kind of bad for doing this, but he brought it upon himself.

I let a tear fall from my eye and hiss in pain again clutching my side tighter.

"N-no, no, Stells, I'm sorry fuck. I didn't mean to, I-I wasn't thinking, I-" He can't form any other words so instead brings the pad of this thumb to the tear on my cheek and wipes it away slowly, then does the same to my other eye.

"I'm such a dick," he says hanging his head down between us letting his soft brown hair fall slightly over his forehead.

I can't take looking at him like this any longer, so I cave.

"At least you finally admit it," I say grinning wildly while snatching the remote from his hand. I flip through and find my show again, but not before looking at him and the shocked expression on his face.

"I really should have fucking seen that coming," he shakes his head shamefully to himself.

"Yeah," I shrug and lay into him. "You really should have." I jab him in the side with the remote like he did before.