Chapter 23. The confession

Chapter 23

Quinn’s POV

“So Brooklyn” smiled my mother sitting down on the lounge next to father “You go to NYU?”

Brooklyn smiled beside me, snaking his arm around the back of the chair in a loving manner, he was looking very sharp today I must say, he hair his hair spiked up in a James Dean style, he was wearing faded blue jeans with frayed patched over the thighs, a black shirt with a simple designed picture and block letters spelling User Friendly above it and a grey blazer rolled up at the arms. I’m surprised his dad hadn’t made him wear a suit.

“Yes ma’am” smiled Brooklyn, reaching his finger down to trace slow circles at the base of my neck “I’m currently working at the café down from my apartment but I intend to become a full fledged engineer”

“A boy who likes cars” smiled father “My kind of guy”

“Reece was into cars” I muttered

Brooklyn looked at me out of the corner of his eyes and slipped his thumb down the back of my neck making me shiver and sit up straight

“What was that babe?” he asked, rubbing his thumb on the back of my neck

“Nothing” I replied kindly, patting his chest and looking back at my parents. Well didn’t they look smug?

Brooklyn should have been an actor not an engineer, he was playing the perfect mix of loving and threatening, every time I brought up Reece he put me back in my place before my parents could even move a finger and it was saving my ass – and my hair.

“Well aren’t you two just gorgeous” smiled mother

“She is isn’t she” grinned Brooklyn looking at me and completely ignoring my parents as he leaned over and kissed me. I sat still and uninterested as he leant back and pecked my lips again before looking at my parents sheepishly.

“Sorry” he laughed “She’s just so gorgeous”

They laughed, my mother shaking her head “It’s no problem dear”

“Actually” said Brooklyn “I was wondering you’re your lawyer was coming around today?”

“Yes actually he’s coming in for lunch” said father “Why?”

“I wanted to discuss something with him, just something small, if you wouldn’t mind”

“No of course not son” he grinned “He should be in, in a minute, did you want to wait in my office?”

“If you wouldn’t mind” Brooklyn stood and offered me his hand so I stood by his side

“We’ll be out in time for lunch” he smiled, wrapping his hand with mine

“Take your time” nodded mother

Brooklyn pulled me into my father’s office and closed the door, pulling out my driver’s license and birth certificate and laid them on the desk “I found them”

I jumped into his arms to hug him “Thank you Brookes”

He laughed and hugged me back “No problem, only another day or so and you can go home”

I bit my lip and kissed his cheek before pulling away from him “Yeah”

He gave me a small smile and I saw something flash through his eyes; disappointment

“You don’t want me out of here?”

“I do” he sighed “I just don’t think I’m ready to let you go”

I frowned “You let me go a long time ago Brookes”

“No” he laughed “Thing is I didn’t”

I shook my head “No, this isn’t happening, you aren’t going to start talking nonsense are you?”

He sighed and sat down on the chair, slinging his legs over the arm of the chair “You want the truth?”

“I’m not so sure”

“Well you should hear it” he ran a hand through his hair “I came back to see if you still loved you, then Harry told me you were getting married-“ he frowned “Why didn’t you tell me about that anyway?”

“I didn’t think it mattered” I shrugged “I didn’t think you cared”

“I always care” he said standing back up and looking down at me “Especially when it involves you”

I bit my lip and pushed him back slightly, regaining my personal space. He sighed and moved my hand from his chest.

“Truth is, I love you” he whispered “I never stopped loving you”

I held my breath, he couldn’t love me. I loved Reece.

But” he continued “I’m willing to let it go, if you love something set it free right?”

I nodded and opened my mouth to say something but the door of the office opened and in walked a smart looking man with a briefcase

“You had something to discuss with me Mr. Lynch?” he asked, fixing his glasses

“Yeah” Brooklyn smiled walking over and locking the door behind him “So what’s with the forged emancipation documents?”

His eyes widened “P-Pardon?”

Brooklyn smirked at me “Get him”

Sorry its so short!!

Brooklyn OR Reece? Tell me in a comment OR Twitter!

#BrooklynQuinn  or #ReeceQuinn