Isabelle Olympus part 33

Hello! Well here's the next part. Hope you enjoy it :)

I don’t think that any of them knew what to say to that. And in all honesty, neither did I.

What do you say to your parents after you’ve just had to tell them off? What do you say when those parents are Olympian gods? There should be an instruction booklet for this sort of thing.

A sudden flash of light brought us out of our awkward standoff.

I turned to see Hermes holding a camera in one hand and a bowl of popcorn in the other. He was grinning cheekily, obviously having just taken a photo.

“Sorry but I couldn’t resist. The shock on your faces was priceless. I had to get a picture of it.” He chuckled before stuffing a handful of popcorn in his mouth.

My shocked expression then turned to one of anger and I glared at Hermes too.

“I told you I’d bring popcorn.” He said still grinning, seemingly unaware of my bad mood.

“Don’t think that I’m not angry at you too.” I told him sternly.

“What? But I wasn’t even here!” Hermes whined like a toddler.

“No, you were just disgracing a temple.” I said giving him a flat look. “Anyway, it was still your idea to use Iceland.”

“Oh come on, you can’t blame me for that. They weren’t agreeing on anywhere. This was the best that we could come up with!” Hermes complained, pouting.

“This island should never have been an option in the first place. Not when there are people who live here.” I said, sticking to my opinion.

“Well, then where do you suggest that they go?” Hermes huffed, putting his hands on his hips.

“Back to Olympus. That place was designed to contain these sorts of arguments. The earth wasn’t.” I stated simply. It really was the only option. They couldn’t continue anywhere down here without causing some major natural disaster.

“But what about the market place? And all the people in it?” Hermes interjected.

“They can be the ones relocated. It wouldn’t be hard to move the market, temporarily, to another location. A safer location. And once this has all blown over, then we can move it back.” I suggested. To me that made much more sense and from the look on Hermes face he agreed with me.

Honestly, sometimes I feel as though I should have chosen to be the goddess of common sense because it seems to be the thing that my parents are missing!

“Okay gods and goddesses it’s time to get your butts back to Olympus and stop destroying the planet!” Hermes chirped happily, clapping his hands in a ‘chop chop’ motion.

No one moved for the longest time. I think they all still found it awkward after my outburst and didn’t quite know what they should do, but eventually they did start to disappear.