Dreams of a Kunoichi

Hey guys! :D Thank you for sticking around this long! T-T

NOW ON WITH THE THING!

~:-:-:-:~

            ‡Chapter Ten‡

    Dreams of a Kunoichi

'Gachi Obata huh?'

Kenji paused her steps to assess the address, 'The Obata Residence? 231, 4th street.'

Sighing, Kenji shoved the paper in her pocket and continued walking, 'I'll go on Saturday.'

Turning a corner, Kenji spotted the pharmacy not too far off. The mafiosa quickened her pace, muttering 'gomen' whenever she bumped into someone. Once she arrived, the young girl made her way inside and scanned the area as she headed toward the medicine counter.

The small shop was furnished with a wooden floor along with oak shelves aligned neatly in rows. The place reeked of brewing herbs and strong medicine. Kenji spotted a purple-haired girl holding a few small jars, most likely some kind of balm. Her pearl eyes were lost in thought as a light blush coated her cheeks. The girl quickly shook her head, as if ridding her mind of certain ideas. Another girl stood right behind her, her egg white eyes were narrowed slightly.

"Hurry, we must return to the compound soon." Kenji blinked awkwardly, was that girl a transy or something? The voice was too deep to be a girl's...

"Y-Yes, brother." A shy voice responded, the sound came from the pearl-eyed female.

'A boy?'

The androgynous male only observed the rest of the place, as if he was too good to continue the exchange. Kenji lifted a brow, 'Arrogant priss. He's almost on par with Sasuke. Why doesn't that girl say something? What's wrong with her?'

Clear bleak eyes landed on her form, a splash of honey brown clashed fiercly into the empty abyssess. Curiosity somehow spiked into those pupiless orbs.

"You there," He addressed with a tone filled with superiority, "You're the weakling that managed to get Ibiki to use the traditional methods, correct?"

It sounded like a backhanded compliment, the mafiosa also didn't appreciate the way he approached her; with a tone used when conversing with someone considered irrelevant. But the boy's remark at the end somehow amended his initial words, even though she didn't quite understand it.

"Kenji is the name if you must know," She replied sarcastically while crossing her arms, "and yes, though I don't know why you would be interested."

"I am not interested in the slightest, just merely confirming rumors," he retaliated with a scowl, "I find it difficult to believe that a slip of a girl, such as yourself, could make a world reknown interrogator refer to methods he has not used in ages."

This made the Moriyama simper, "Well you better believe it!"

'I sound like the Annoying Orange... ugh.'

The ninja was about to reply until the female sifting through the shelves coughed, "N-Nii-san, I am ready."

"Let's go."

The pair headed toward the cashier and paid for whatever the girl bought. Before they left, the older boy glanced sharply at the mafiosa, 'Crippled brat.'

He noticed her tiny limp, the way she leaned more to the shelves, for balance it seemed, and the slight hesitation in her walk. The small ravenette tried to hide it all behind her tough act. This keen observation made him smirk as he walked out the pharmacy along with his cousin. Kenji watched them from the corner of her eyes, before darting them back to a particular area in the shop.