Chapter Six Part 2: The Rest of the Very Very Long Day

Thanks to Chase’s very slow driving and the large amount of traffic caused by an stuck truck, we are late for school.  Turns out that a big truck can’t fit through a bridge, who would have thought? Anyway, when we all arrive into the dim and dreary office we have missed half of first period. 

Guess what class that is? If you guessed Mrs. Nelson then congratulations, you win nothing except the knowledge that my life sucks. In that office Chase, Jax and I are met by the rest of the guys and we each receive our own late pass before we are ushered towards our class room.

 “Well, look who decided to show up. I will see the four of you at detention. Take your seats.” Jax, Brendan, Chase and I take our seats. I slide into my seat next to Skylar who looks like she is about to pass out. I want to slide her a note and ask what is wrong, but we all know how note passing worked out last time.

 Ms. Nelson has to be one of the most boring teachers in the world. Throughout class today she would just drone on and on about the British colonies and how we weren’t part of it. We happened to be parts of the Spanish colonies or something like that. But I could not focus the entire time. Part of me believes that it is because she is boring as fuck but another part knows that I am afraid to see Charlie. I can’t believe how I reacted yesterday! It was straight out of a movie. Ever since I went threw this “transformation” I have become more dramatic and it kind of pisses me off.

 “Sawyer. Sawyer. Ms. Hensick!” Ms. Nelson screeches at me. My head raises up from my desk and I look around to see the entire class staring at me.

“Answer please?” she cackles. Shit, she asked me a question while I was in Sawyertopia. I look at the front board and see all of the notes that I haven’t even bothered taking. I try to absorb all the information to come up with a question but I come up with nothing. Shit. Shit. Shit. I am in deep doggy dodo.  

 “Um, I’m sorry Ms. Nelson. I don’t know what the question was. Do you mind repeating it?”

 “Ms. Hensick, I do not have any tolerance for students who do not take my class seriously. Unless you want another week of detention I would suggest paying attention from now on. Mr. Hensick can you answer the question.”

 While Jax spurt out the answer I tuned back into Sawyertopia and remained there for the rest of that horrible class. When the bell rings I don’t think I could have gotten out of there any faster. I have no clue how people can be historians, it just makes me want to fall asleep.

“Sawyer! Hey wait up! Stop walking so fast!” someone calls my name. I turn around and see Hope booking down the hallway towards me.

“Hey Hope, what’s u-“ I start to talk.

“Sawyer, shut up and come with me now. Chase and Charlie are going at it in front of the science rooms.” Shit. What is going on this time? Not a second after Hope told me this new information, she is pulling me down the hallway. Halfway to the science rooms I can hear people chanting ‘FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!’. Could people be anymore juvenile?

 Turning the corner I see I huge pack of people surrounding what I assume is the debacle going on. Amidst the crowd I see Jax and the rest of his deliquent friends. Why are they just standing there looking smug? Why aren’t they breaking the fight up. I push my way through the growing crowd, possibly knocking over a couple of freshman, when I see Chase shove Charlie into the lockers. That’s got to hurt. Charlie comes back by tackling Chase to the ground. After they roll around on the ground trying to find opportunities to punch the other one, I’ve had enough.  I shove my way through the rest of the crowd until I am standing next to where Chase is now straddling Charlie and is trying to punch him in the face.