cutting shadows and missing

Ross walked out of the Great Hall after everyone was dismissed and fallowed his brother. Harry walked up the stairs to the Astronomy tower and sat on a window ledge. Ross' twin breathed the night air in deeply and began talking to no-one.

"If they don't get it this time I don't know what I'll do." Suddenly a small figure stepped out of the shadows. It was a large bear sized dog. Not like his uncle Padfoot. No this one was made completely out of shadows. The animal began to speak.

"I don't know either. Maybe just end it? I'd miss you though. So would your friends." His brother sighed.

"I know. But you and they will be the only ones. My brother and parents will probably dance on my grave if they get me one. Which I doubt they will. I only have one more chance and I was hoping to do this subtly."

"What's that?"

"The end of the school year." Harry said with a note of finality. What was he talking about? Get what? End what? Ross' musings were cut short as his brother took out a pocket knife that he got for his seventh birthday. Harry rolled up his sleeve to reveal scars, some still an angry red. Ross gasped. He had read in a muggle newspaper his mother still got about kids who had committed suicide. He wondered if his brother would be one of those kids he saw in the paper.

Harry brought the knife to a small blank spot and cut, hard. He heard the boy give a gasp of pain but he had a smile on his face.

"Why do you do that?"

"I've told you a million times Lucifer. I like the pain that it gives me. It distracts me from the emotional pain." Ross began to feel sick. He ran from the hall down to his parents chambers. He swung open the doors and fell to the ground. He started to throw up.

Lily P.O.V.

After Harry's song she was fuming. How dare that little rat! She heard the door to the sitting room of her and James' chambers burst open. A dull thud and a person heaving were heard shortly after. She rushed in to see her son Ross on the ground in puddle of vomit.

"Ross! What happened? Who did this? Are you sick?" He shook his head. No one did this to him. Then he nodded. He was sick. "I'll go get a stomach soother. James!"

"What happened? Ross are you okay?"

Ross got up and steadied himself. Lily banished the mess just as Sirius and Remus walked in to hear what the commotion was. "I saw something disturbing."

"McGonnagal in a bikini?" Sirius questioned. Ross shuddered.

"N-no worse, I fallowed Harry-"

"Why were you fallowing your good for nothing brother?" Lily asked. Ross glared at her which surprised her. Why was her son glaring at her?

"I followed him because I wanted to ask him about the song he sang. Anyway I followed him to the Astronomy tower and he sat on a window ledge. He started talking to someone but no-one was there. Then a dog came out of the shadows. It looked like Padfoot but it was made from shadows." Lily was trembling. Her oldest could make shadows in the shape of animals. "Harry said 'If they don't get it this time I don't know what I'll do.' Then the dog said-"He was cut off.

"It talked! How is that possible?"

"I don't know but it said 'I don't know either. Maybe just end it?'-

"It wanted Harry to kill himself!" Remus cried outraged. Everyone looked at the usually quiet man. "Sorry but I don't want my godson to die!" A/N. Remus is Harry's godfather because James wanted his best friend to be the godfather of the Chosen One.