Chapter Thirty One

There's some more POV switching, but after this chapter, it should go back to normal.

LIVE LOVE AND NIALL HORAN

Chapter Thirty One

(Back to Teagan )

When I opened my eyes, I realized at once there were many things that weren't right. For one, I felt like my legs were moving on their own. And my surroundings. It was Central Park, but their was no way I was back in New York. Speaking of surroundings, my voice caught in my throat as I realized there was more than just one me in this park. 

Nobody acknowledged me, but it wasn't like I could acknowledge myself. It seemed like I was walking in a dream. Only this didn't feel like a dream. Right up ahead of me and to the right a bit, I saw a familiar ice cream vendor and a younger version of myself with a younger version of Nate. Somewhere around 13? We were standing about 3 metres away from the vendor and I felt my stomach sink as I realized what playback of a scene this was. 

There was another familiar boy, with his friends. He went to another school, across town but still on the Upper East Side. Although maybe a bit more West. What was his name? Brendan? Braedon? Yeah, that was it. Braedon. Something like that. He had teased me for about a week after we bumped into each other at the park, meeting for the first time. You could call the teasing light harassment, but I wasn't worried.

Nate felt differently. 

Not at all was he intimidated in the slightest by Braedon and his friends. They weren't exactly like us either. They had uniforms of course, which they completely disregarded. Braedon's group of friends had a more tough outlook. Then again, Nate was never scared.

"Nice outfit," Braedon tried his 100th pick up line, which his friends seemed to find hilarious. They were just lame and overused. "But it would look better in a pile at the end of my bed."

As he and his friends cackled with laughter, I could see the younger version of myself roll my eyes and Nate clench his fist slightly. 

"If you're looking for a kiss," Braedon made a puckering sound. "There's one in my bedroom."

"If you're looking for a black eye," Nate retorted before I could tell Braedon to shove off. "It's in my fist."

I felt like the scene was dissolving around me as a new one appeared. The Empire State Building. This boy named Parker. Age 14ish.

"There's something about you," Parker mused as we looked out at the view of the city. I remembered this moment clearly. "Teagan, Teagan, Teagan. You're different."

My 14 year old self laughed as my blonde hair rippled in the wind. "I'm not done showing you different yet."

Parker looked at the younger version of myself. When 'I' looked back, he kissed my cheek lightly. 

The scene was once again dissolving as a new one appeared. A young 6 years old, a ball that was thrown by my mother. I was wearing a pale pink Cinderella type gown, complete with a little tiara headband on my head.