Chapter 1

I landed with a loud thud along with a grunt of pain from jumping off a 10 foot stone wall. "MARIA STOP RIGHT THERE!!!" The cop yelled at the other side of the wall but I ignored his cries and started running from him. "Damn security cameras" I muttered under my breath while I ran into a crowd of crazy football fans that Gainesville Florida is known for. I started to walk the pace of the students around me hoping to avoid detection from the police department.

Now must of you are wandering who I am and why I am running from the cops or what the students in my high school call them the po'pos. Well I am Maria Ferdinova a United States Citizen and a juvenile deliquent currently in the process of stealing a movie that my cheapo of a dad won't buy. To most people I live in a perfect family I mean I have a loving father and a loving mother who dotes on me like no tomorrow.

I was walking towards my friends dorm room, until I was stopped by another cop which I started to run the opposite way to the street. The cop grabbed my arm then twisted it where I had to kneel. "You know Kyle I never thought you would get any better but apparently you are. So congratulations" I congratulated Kyle for getting better at stopping me. He is the only cop that knows me better then anyone else in the force because he was my cousin or at least thats what he's told me. "Shut up Maria. Your dad is going to be so pissed when he finds out that you've been arrested again." Kyle retorted while walking me to his cop car.

"You wouldn't!" I said in fake horror with a bit of sarcasm along with a hint of legitimate fear at the fact my father would spank me black and blue then would take everything away from me again. "I would Maria. You need to stop this because this is not how a pr--- a regular teenaged girl acts!" Kyle responded angrily but he stuttered at the beginning of a word that I dreaded even though I'm not a legit one. "Were you going to say Princess again?" I scowled at the fact he almost called me a princess again.

"....Maybe...." Uncertainty obvious in his face. Narrowing my eyes at him he soon apologized with a laugh. "If you tell my dad that I am arrested again I will tell every officer in your precinct that you watch gay porn" I narrowed my green eyes with ill intent evident.

He sighed and got out then let me out with a warning as he unlocked my cuffs. I rubbed my wrists and walked up the steps into my house. I looked behind me and I saw my cousin leaning against his car waving me on with a ghost of smirk on his face. After slamming the door I yelled out "IM HOME" and no response as the reason why. I saw a note with my mothers perfect little sprawl.

Maria, 

Me and your father went out to dinner with the McDonalds. Wish you could have joined.

Lia. 

P.S: Kyle told us what happened. Your grounded. :D

Crumpling up the paper I headed into the kitchen to get something to eat since running from the cops makes you very hungry. After grabbing an apple I headed upstairs to my loft taking a look around to make sure nothing was disturbed. One thing I had noticed is the addition of a chest with a crest that looked like the Queen of Englands but it's more rougher. "Where did mom find you?" I knelt down and tried to open it but something popped out. Looking at it closer I noticed it was a needle that diabetics use to test their blood sugar levels.

'What is this? A trick?' Thinking to myself. I put the tip of my finger on it and the topped open after it took a sample of my blood. One thing I noticed was the old paper and photos of women in gowns along with their husbands or boyfriends in a suit. Most of them had crowns ontop of their heads like they were royalty. Letting out a silent woah I pulled out a most recent looking one and I saw my father in a military uniform along with an unknown woman.

The woman was in a long blue gown with a small crown. I turned to the back of the photo to see if there was any writing and there was writing. King of Sweden and Queen of Sweden on 02/01/1987 coronation picture.

Knitting my eyebrows in confusion and I saw a letter with a envelope that said my name on it. Staring at it for what seems forever I put it down to see what else is in the chest. I ruffled through and I saw some old dresses and more photos along with letters to other girls that most likely had this before me. Sitting back for a second letting a huff of irritation at the fact I never noticed it before.

"Maria! I'm home!" My father yelled and I walked to the railing to say hi.

"Hey dad." I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at him. I was mad at him for putting this chest in my room. I was mad that he never told me about it. He especially made me mad when I saw that mysterious woman standing next to him like they were married or something.

"Maria. Did you find the chest?" My dad asked uncertainly obviously not comfortable with the way I'm looking at him.

"Yes. Who is that woman in the picture with the crown? Why are you wearing a crown? WHY does it say that your a King?" My voice remained steely and I raised my voice as I demanded the answers from him.

He sighed and rubbed his hand down his face. "It's a long story." He said with a certain tone I cant pick up.