Chapter six

A waiter showed us to a table and thankfully Thomas wasn't even there yet but I could tell that due to his absence Lisa was starting to panic as she began thinking too much into it. Well I hope she's only thinking too much, and he hadn't stood her up. "Well hello ladies" Thomas's deep voice greeted us. He bent down and kissed Lisa on her cheek, which wasn't easy, seeing as she had hung her head down low, staring at the table. Breaking the sudden awkward tension that was starting to take over, I stood up and greeted him. I was so grateful for feeling stronger than ever, knowing that Timmy hadn't joined him.

I must admit though, I did feel a little disappointed that Timmy didn't come along. Whom was I lying to, I was devastated but tonight it was better with it just being the three of us, I tried telling myself. "Hello Thomas, it's great to see you again." I greeted. "You too Alicia." He replied as he kisses both my cheeks in greeting. "Lisa what's wrong baby?" he asked as he slipped in beside her. I felt a little relieved that he seemed truly concerned about her. You could tell that he deeply cared for her, which had to mean something, didn't it.

Lisa didn't reply but I could hear that she had started to sob. "I think I'll just give you two a minute alone." I said knowing that they needed their space to do this, without me being a third wheel hanging over them. Thomas just nodded as he tried to console in Lisa.

I sat at the bar probably looking like some sad loner but I didn't care because I wasn't here for anything, only to support Lisa. I made sure I sat far enough away but still close enough encase Lisa needed me. I kept taking quick glimpses in their direction and so far, everything seemed to be going good. They were talking so I guess that's a start, I thought to myself.

I felt a presence approach me from behind. "Well if it isn't the little lady who done a runner from me." I heard whom I knew damn well was Timmy speaking. Not only by his sexy deep voice but also by the butterflies that had taking over my entire stomach. He thought I had done a runner on him, that's good isn't it? But then again, I bet he thinks I wasn't interested in him now, when I was well and truly falling for him and hard at that.

"I'm sorry, but Lisa was sick and out cold when I found her and I had to help her. I did look for you but I couldn't see you anywhere." he cut off my panicked, nervous rambling by placing his finger over my now closed lips. Just the mere touch of his finger erupted something within me. All of a sudden, I felt hot and flustered but before I could say anything or even make some distance between us, his eyes locked on mine. He started to lean his face in closer against mine, while his eyes shifted between my eyes and my lips. Someone screaming, 'YES' snapped us out of our near kiss moment.

Looking over to see whom I was going to kill, I couldn't help but smile at seeing Thomas hugging and spinning Lisa around. "Alicia, I'm going to be a daddy! Oh Timmy did you hear that I'm going to be a daddy!" Thomas shouted across the restaurant in pure excitement. The entire restaurant started clapping and cheering whilst others offered their congratulations. For a second I had forgotten all about Timmy's and mine near kiss and was running over to congratulate my best friend and Thomas.

The rest of the night was spent on baby talk. Timmy and I had joined Thomas and Lisa for dinner. Every few minutes I would look over at Timmy only to see him staring over at a table full of girls. It hurt to see him staring at other woman, especially when only moments ago he was going to kiss me. I couldn't believe that I was falling for yet another man that I had spent eighteen months building walls around my heart from. What was it with men and me, did I have a sign on my forehead saying break me! Because that's how I was feeling, sitting here while the man beside me had know interest in me at all.

After about an hour of watching the girls and Timmy openly flirting across the room, I had had enough. Standing up I quickly said my goodbyes before I made a quick walk out of there. Lisa had already told me she was going to spend the night with Thomas as they had a lot to talk about. Which I was ecstatic for, as everything was working out for her. However, me on the other hand, I was feeling more mixed up and frustrated than ever.

Jumping into the first taxi that pulled up outside the hotel, I gave him my address for home. Staring out of the window, one part of me was hoping that Timmy would have followed me out but then again I guess that was just like wishing for my parents to come back to me from the dead. Thinking of my parents just seemed to bring me down lower, if that was even possible. As the taxi pulled up outside my apartment, I quickly paid the driver and made my way inside before the tears for my family overflowed.

********************

I know  Alicia wasnt with him but how bad was Timmy for flirting while Alicia was sitting with him. Espeacially when he was going to kiss her only mere seconds ago. I'm so happy for Lisa though bless her.

What do you think of Timmy??? Do you think Alicia and him should get together? hmmm

Please comment vote follow Mel xx