Another 24

lots of stuff has been going on so bear with me

hope you like it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sam's P.O.V.

its been three years since Scott shot mom and himself. two years since my dad has left all the money and the house to me, letting himself rest next to mom. and one year since i got a job as a dispatch at the police station. Uncle Ben has been acting as kind of a father figure to me since dad passed, plus it wasnt just me he was looking after. Micheal, my two and a half year old son. after Drake was sentenced to four years in prison was when i figured out i was carrying his baby.

Micheal and i visit him once a week, just seeing the way Drake looks at his son from behind the bullet-proof brings me to tears after every visit. Every week Micheal asks if we could bring daddy back home and every time, he gets a dissapointing answer. Though to keep up his spirit and his fathers, he always brings some kind of gift to every visit. Whether it would be a drawing or one of his little dinosaur toys, it always makes Drake so happy that his son loves him that much.

Then there's me. The love that shined in Drake's eyes never dimmed, he still loves me and I him. Even after him being gone for so long, even after everything we have been through in the past, I still love him.

Micheal and I are especially excited right now. Drake gets out in just a couple of weeks. When i fist got the call I immediately pulled Micheal out of Daycare to go visit him. I have never seen either of them so excited when i told them the news, each day is another closer to Drake coming into Micheal's life and back into mine.

Uncle Ben was happy for me when i told him the news, though he is still hesitant to be around him. I understand that though. When dad had taken an overdose on pills....... Uncle Ben was devastated, his only brother had committed suicide. It took him a month to come out of the house. Of course i didn't leave hime alone too often. I would go visit whenever i could to make sure he was eating, Micheal even came along to help cheer him up. At first Uncle Ben wouldn't put down dad's note, just reading it over and over in a corner. He carries it around in his wallet now, right behind of a picture of the whole family at a halloween party. I guess it's his way of keeping him close.

Of course I was devastated when I found dad. He was visiting mom when he did it, leaning on her gravestone like he was sleeping. I miss him. More than anyone might think. When i did think he was sleeping, the scene was just too beautiful in a depressing way. A man sleeping on his wife's gravestone, a tree right next to the both of them, brightly colored fall leaves gently swaying to the light breaze. With a sad smile i had taken a picture, it was only then I noticed a peice of paper laying in front of them, a small colored rock holding it down.

Please don't be angry with me,

Jennifer was everything to me. Yes when we went too fast when we first met but I don't regret it. I'm happy that i managed to find such a strong and vibrant woman who gave me an amazing family. Waking up alone every day, knowing that she won't be coming back with the smile that lit up my life. Even after everything....... she still smiled. Knowing that I helped her to smile, made my days a little easier.

Ben, you're a great brother and uncle. I know that if it were anyone else, they wouldn't really consiter my little girl part of the family..... when she isn't my biological daughter. But you, you took her in with that goofy look you always have when you get too excited. I know how you will react after you read this, I know you. But just remember Benny, you have my little girl to look after. She is so much like her mother but you know she will need you. I love you brother.