Memories

This book is dedicated to my friends for being there to create some of my best memories.lara

CHAPTER ONE

I opened my eyes up to pure darkness, I was lying on the cold stone ground, where the hell am I? I blinked a few times to get used to the darkness. I look up to see a white blinding moon.

"What the, what the hell am I doing out side, why the hell am I in the woods"

I look around to if I can recognise my surroundings, the trees start to seem as if they are slowly creeping towards me, engulfing my in there leaves and branches.It tried to sit up but pain just exploded in my head so I lied down again and rubbed my temples to try and ease the pain away, though it wasn't working.

"Shit, f**k" I screamed in pain.

I held my head as a train of memories hit me! The memories start to replay like a movie, they take over my head and in a matter of seconds they're all I think,see and hear.

MEMORIES-13 yrs ago

"Mummy, mummy what's happening why's dad holding a knife is he making lamb again, yummy"

"Shush Charlotte, stay in the cupboard, look after your little brother for me, try not make him cry you need to be quiet do you think you could do that for me, I'll be back soon, mummy loves you" she said in a hushed tone then she gave us each a kiss on our foreheads.

That was the last time I saw mum, alive that is but I didn't know that at the time.

Toby started to cry and grew hungry, I opened the cup board door and peeked out, seeing if mummy was out there.

"Come on Toby, I'm getting hungry lets go get some food"

I climbed out of the cupboard trying not to get caught in dad's big coats which he wore on even the hottest days of summer. I walked out into the kitchen to find mummy on the floor with blood covering her left side and daddy standing over with a knife. When he saw me he started to cry, then because I was only six and Toby was only one, I thought daddy's tears were real but now that I think about it, I don't think they were.

"Mummy..., daddy why won't mummy talk to me, I'm hungry" I said in confusion.

" I'm sorry son, yours mums gone, I tried to stop it" he answered in an emotionless voice.

"Stop what daddy? Where's she gone if she coming back?"

"No she'll never be back" anger taking over his calm," now go to your room and take your brother with you"

"But daddy, I'm hungry"

" I said now"

PRESENT DAY

I started to get up off the cold ground because it was starting to make me shiver but another memory took over me forcing me to the ground again.

MEMORIES- 7 yrs ago

"Hey dad, where's Toby"

"Shouldn't you be looking after him, your nearly 14"

" I'm 12 not 14 thank you very much" I answered my dislike for him clearly showing, "Anyway I've been at school all day, your supposed to be looking after him, he's only just turned six, he still needs help tying his shoe laces and anyway he'll be going to school in 2 more months can you just look after him for a little while longer"

"What ever, Charlotte you act like your mother and I don't appreciate it"

" What's that supposed to mean" I asked my anger about to explode inside of me.