Tragic Magic FAQ

A/N: There has been lots of love on the last chapter of Tragic Magic, thanks so much to everyone who voted and commented! However there have also been some questions, which I shall answer here :)

1) Will there be a sequel?

Yes, indeed there will :)

2) When will it be released?

I have no idea, but probably not for some time. Perhaps a few months.

3) What will it be about?

No spoilers, bishes XD

4) We never even found out what the Darlingtons *are*! What are they?

I left the Darlingtons and Cody undefined on purpose. I don't know if it was to avoid being associated with any other books/novels/stories or whether it just felt uncomfortable pinning them down like that, but it was a conscious decision. If I had named them witches or wizards or mages or sorcerors I feel like it would have somehow cheapened or taken from the mystery of the story.

I know a lot of people aren't going to understand or agree with that decision, which in part is becuase I've done a deplorable job of explaining it, but it's the best I can do I'm afraid :)

5) We never found out what exactly Aldrich was, or what he wanted with Kaley.

Quite right, this is an accurate observation and a legitimate complaint. This one is also quite difficult to explain.

Writing Tragic Magic has often felt like watching one of those fast paced videos in which a rose unfurls in sunlight - which is not to say that I think too highly of my story, just that the mechanics involved are similar. Every time a chapter cleared up one batch of Cody's questions, another set presented itself, like he was searching for the centre of the rose, and each question answered was a petal out of the way. While this accidental process lended to the mystery and suspense of the book, it nevertheless means I left some things out, things which I know and understand by virtue of being the writer but which I feel I didn't put across clearly enough in the text.

All I can say is that things will be made much clearer in the sequel!