♕ Chapter 18

"After this corner, you have to turn right," Rose chirped, showing the driver directions to her house. The driver nodded. "Yes, Princess. I'm aware of that," he said, pointing to the GPS. She was too excited to visit her family. The last time she'd met them was during her wedding. Seth, who saw what happened, laughed and was happy, as he knew that she was happy.

         The Humphreys' house was located in a local street just a few kilometres from Maximillian Art School. After a few minutes of travelling, they finally reached their house and Rose was shock to see a lot of photographers waiting for them, in front of her house. Her eyes widened and looked out the window. "What are they doing here? How'd they know where I lived?" She exclaimed.

        Seth sighed. "You're such an airhead, do you know that? They're photographers and it's their job to find out stories about us. They must have known that we were going to be here," he explained. Rose sighed and realised that she wasn't going to have a normal life anymore. She looked out the window and saw the bodyguards trying to clear the coast for them. The door was open and Seth got out first.

It's the prince!

Prince Seth!

Look here Sire!

And then, Rose made her way out from the limo, looking down to her feet.

Princess Rose!

Please look here Princess!

Smile at the camera!

They finally reached the Humphreys' front yard and the gate was close. "I can't believe that they even followed me here!" Rose whined before she heard the front door open a crack. A smile curved on her face and she squealed, "Daddy!" As she ran towards the door. Tom widened his arms, welcoming his only daughter. "Princess!" He shouted back, happy to see her.

Seth turned himself towards the door as he saw Rose hugging her father. He smiled as he watched the father and daughter moment. Rose started to cry. "I miss you," she sobbed and tried to refrain herself from crying even harder. She didn't want Seth to think her as a baby. Tom cupped her face. "I miss you too, sweetheart," he croaked. He then saw Seth, walking towards them. He let go of Rose and bowed down. "Welcome, Prince Seth," he said, welcoming him formally.

"Just call me, Seth," he said warmly as he looked around the garden. He pointed to the rose bushes and praised, "These are beautiful," and looked at Rose. "You planted these?" He asked. Rose shook her head. "Nope, my dad did," she said proudly and wrapped her arm around Tom "Let's get in!" She said, gesturing her father into the house.

"Her dad?" Seth puzzled, as he never thought that his father planted those. If he knew, he wouldn't have asked. Seth got into the house and his eyes were still wandering around. It was his first time, visiting a normal house. Rose's house was not too small nor were they too big, the walls were painted in bright yellow and white. They walked through the hallway before Tom stopped walking. "Please have a seat, Prince... I mean, Seth," he stuttered and showed him the living room.

Seth smiled and motioned into the living room. He sat on the sofa and winced, as he got comfortable. Then, he heard someone running down the staircase. A teenage guy, black-haired with identical eyes as Rose showed up, smiling. He chirped, "Rose!" and ran towards her and pulled her into his embrace. "It's been years!"

Rose laughed. "You've missed me? Wow, things got better, huh?" She teased, nudging his side. Jace made a disgusting look, "Don't be so happy," he said before realising that Seth was there too. He bowed down, awkwardly. "Prince Seth," he said in a nervous tone. Seth got up to his feet and stretched his hand. "You must be Jace? Rose's older brother," he asked for confirmation.