Chapter 1: School Semester start

"PENNY WILLERS WAKE. UP. NOW"

I jolted off my bed, my eyes still adjusting to my poorly lit room. I look at the clock and it reads 7:00. Great.

"Mum just 5 minutes!" I yelled back, scrambling off my bed to find the nearest piece of clothing I could wear. I threw on a black tank and a pair of jeans, rolled them up to my ankle and slid on some tropical patterned socks. The socks are always the important part.

"YOU'RE LATE. WHAT DO YOU MEAN FIVE MINUTES?! ITS 7:00 MISSY" My mum screamed as footsteps scattered the wooden floor and down the stairs. 

I grabbed my backpack with a name I can never pronounce  and a duffel bag for today's P.E. lesson. I groaned nothing better than a freaking P.E. lesson to start off the semester huh?

I skipped downstairs and slipped on my black and white sneakers. I was just about to head out the door when my mum stopped me.

"Hold it there. You haven't eaten breakfast yet..." she said looking at me sadly. She beamed happily and went quickly over to the stove to take...whatever concoction she made today.

"Fine, fine but just one bite" I said defeated as I dropped all my bags and walked over to the counter. I sat on a wooden stool that was too tall for me and loomed over the counter; my knee's barely fitting as they are squished tightly between the 3 inch space.

"Mum...why don't you get new chairs? These don't fit for this counter."

"Look I'm still tight on budget and Dad just got a new job. Why don't we see how it goes and if you behave and stop whining about everything-does-not-fit-in-this-house I might get you what you want..." She said the last part like a whisper as she plopped some yellow and brown glob into a bowl.

"A camera mum a camera. Please it's just what I need."

"Just what you need? Really?" she chuckled as she sprinkled some flecks of green into the bowl.

"Yes mum, just what I need"

"Oh so if I get you a camera, you won't ask for...let's see...a TV? Laptop? More materials for I don't know...your weird projects?"

"They aren't weird projects! You'll see. One day I'll be famous for this" I said smiling to myself.

"So amazing that nobody knows what the heck it is" she laughed lightheartedly before placing the bowl in front of me. I don't know what she was pulling but ever since we moved from California, to China, and then to Sydney she took up some weird style of cooking and later I found out...It was some Asian cooking. I have nothing...absolutely nothing against Asian food but really I think she should just stick with what she does best...which is ordering pizza?

"What is this?"

"Well it was supposed to be 'Dim Sum' "she said in her half sarcastic voice "but it went wrong so I mixed it a little and...it became...that?"

"I'm...gonna pass and I'm late, I have to go or I'll miss the bus! Love you Mum" I hurried out the door before she tried to stop me again.

As per-usual Anna was standing at the bus stop looking frantically around. I came behind her and gave a tap on her shoulder and she jumped with a shock. We went into the bus quickly and took our usual seats in the fourth row on the left. This space here is literally THE only sanctuary in this bus. The driver was an old bog; with the occasional pick the nose and stick it under the wheel...Total EW. The front rows were occupied by little sweet angels (7th graders) but if they catch you messing with any one of them they turn into death machines, they're like a pack, mess with one of them you mess with the whole lot. The semi back row is infested with Nerds, Geeks, Goth's, and Fashionistas aka. Super freaky drama queens and last but not least the back row, 4 spaces for the 4 hottest guys in this school. Naturally with hotness comes a stuck up ego, it's like a package; you cannot be hot and not flaunt what you've got when you know every eyes behind you are literally drooling.

"So Penny, why did you take so long?" Anna asked as she observed her perfect nails for any chips.

"Number one, Alarm died. Number two, mum's concoction and there's no number three."

"Man, I love your mum's cooking" She said flashing a hinting grin.

"You want to come over again?" I asked her with a suspicious expression.

"Are you new to this or something? Ever since school ended last year you've changed a lot." She said inspecting my face for the slightest twitch.

"There's absolutely nothing wrong with me. It's just...how the heck could you like my mum's cooking? It's absolutely disgusting." I said making a disgusted face as I thought of the content's that were in that bowl this morning.

"I just have weird taste alright?" She shrugged and continued inspecting her nails.

I don't get her. She has perfect hair, teeth, nails, face, body structure and eyes, her eyes were a shade of forest green with a solid black traced around the edge of her iris. She is practically drop dead gorgeous but yet, she still chose me instead of those pretty girls at school.

The bus skidded to a halt and everyone was rushing out the door. We both took our time and sat there until everyone was gone, then  we got up and walked out the door. We walked into the buzzing halls of Panther High. Another two months of school FML.